/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You know how the quran says "good women are for good men"?

Stoic
06-06-2018, 07:22 PM
How bout prophet nuh wife then? And my wife? Does that mean I'm a bad man?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
06-06-2018, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
How bout prophet nuh wife then? And my wife? Does that mean I'm a bad man?
http://www.alim.org/library/quran/Al...fsir/TIK/24/26

Al-Quran Tafsir | Tafsir Ibn Kathir- Surah24.An-Nur, Ayah26 | Alim
Al-Quran Tafsir Tafsir Ibn Kathir- Surah24.An-Nur, Ayah26 recitations and translations. Alim provides the opportunity to learn Quran, Hadith and Islamic history ...

- - - Updated - - -

https://islamqa.info/en/103845?_e_pi...0%2C5104330954

Stoic
06-08-2018, 02:17 PM
How does this answer my question??? From what I read its saying good is for good

Abz2000
06-08-2018, 03:41 PM
الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ ۖ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ ۖ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ٢٦

26. Bad statements are for bad people and bad people for bad statements. Good statements are for good people and good people for good statements: such are innocent of (every) bad statement which they say; for them is forgiveness, and honored provision.

From Quran Chapter 24, Light.

Try comparing it with the preceeding verse from the same chapter:

الزَّانِى لَا يَنْكِحُ إِلَّا زَانِيَةً أَوْ مُشْرِكَةً وَالزَّانِيَةُ لَا يَنْكِحُهَآ إِلَّا زَانٍ أَوْ مُشْرِكٌ ۚ وَحُرِّمَ ذٰلِكَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

Transliteration
Alzzanee la yankihu illa zaniyatan aw mushrikatan waalzzaniyatu la yankihuha illa zanin aw mushrikun wahurrima thalika AAala almu/mineena

Literal
(Word by Word)
The fornicator not marry except a fornicatress, or a polytheist woman, and the fornicatress - not marry her except a fornicator or a polytheist man. And is forbidden that to the believers.

M. M. Pickthall
The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985)
Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)
Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

Shakir
The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.

----

Knowest thous lot da story of Samson and Delilah?

It was narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, said:

«No one spoke in the cradle but three (persons): ‘Eesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary),
The second one was the companion of Jurayj; the pious worshipper. Jurayj took a secluded hermitage for worship and confined himself in it.
His mother came to him as he was busy in prayer, and she called, 'O Jurayj!' He said, 'O My Lord, my mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?.' He continued with the prayer.
She returned and came the following day and he was (still) busy in prayer. She called, 'O Jurayj!' He said, 'My Lord, my mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?', and he continued with the prayer, and she returned.
Then the next day she came again while he was busy in prayer, and called, 'O Jurayj!' He said, 'My Lord, my mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?' and he continued with the prayer.
She said, 'O Allaah! Do not let him die until he sees the faces of prostitutes.'

The story of Jurayj and that of his meditation and prayer spread among the children of Israel.
There was a prostitute who was beauty personified.
She said (to the people), "If you like, I can lure him into evil." She presented herself to him but he paid no heed (to her).
She came to a shepherd who lived near the hermitage and she offered herself to him. He (the shepherd) had sexual intercourse with her and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to a baby she said, 'This baby is from Jurayj.'
So they came and asked Jurayj to leave and they demolished the hermitage and began to beat him.
He asked them what was the matter. They said, 'You committed fornication with this prostitute and she gave birth to a baby from you.'
He said, 'Where is the baby?'
They brought him (the baby) and then he said, 'Just leave me so that I should perform prayer.'

He performed prayer and when he finished, he struck the baby’s stomach with his finger, and asked him, 'O boy, who is your father?'
The baby answered, 'He is the shepherd.
So, the people turned towards Jurayj, kissed him and touched him (seeking blessings), and said, 'We are ready to construct your hermitage with gold.'
He said, 'No, just rebuild it with mud as it was,' and so they did.»

The Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, continued:

«Then, there was a baby whose mother was suckling him when a person dressed in a fine garment came riding on a priceless animal.
His mother said, 'O Allaah, make my child like this one.'
He (the baby) left his mother’s breast, looked at the rider and said, 'O Allaah, Do not make me like him.' He then returned to the breast and resumed sucking.»
He (i.e. Abu Hurairah) said, 'It is as though I can see the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessing be upon him, illustrating the scene of his sucking milk with his forefinger in his mouth and sucking that.

The Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, continued:

«It so happened that a slave girl passed by them who was being beaten and the people behind her were saying, 'You committed fornication and theft.'
She was saying, 'Sufficient for me is Allaah, and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs',
and his mother said, 'O Allaah, Do not make my child like her.'
He left the breast, looked at her, and said, 'O Allaah! make me like her.'
This was followed by a conversation between the mother and child.
She said, 'A good-looking man happened to pass by, and I said: O Allaah, make my child like him, and you said: O Allaah, do not make me like him, and there passed a girl and the people were beating her, and saying: You committed fornication and theft, and I said: O Allaah, do not make my child like her, and you said: O Allaah, make me like her.'

The infant said, 'That man was a tyrant, and I said: O Allaah, do not make me like him; and they were saying about the girl: 'You committed fornication', whereas in fact, she had not.

Agreed upon i.e. reported in Saheeh Al-Bukhaari No. (3436) and Saheeh Muslim No. (2550).

None but three? But maybe it's a medley of possible scenarios on the same topic:

Suhaib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
"There lived a king before you and he had a court magician. As he (the magician) grew old, he said to the king:
'I have grown old, so send me a young boy in order to teach him magic.'
The king sent him a young boy to serve the purpose.
And on his way (to the magician) the young boy met a monk to whom he listened to and liked it. It became his habit that on his way to the magician, he would meet the monk and sit there and would come to the magician (late). The magician used to beat him because of this delay. He complained about this to the monk who said to him: 'When you feel afraid of the magician, say: Members of my family detained me. And when you fear your family, say: The magician detained me.'
It so happened that there came a huge beast and it blocked the way of the people, and the young boy said: 'I will know today whether the magician or the monk is better.' He picked up a stone and said: 'O Allah, if the way of the monk is dearer to You than the way of the magician, bring about death to the animal so that the people be able to move about freely.' He threw that stone at it and killed it and the people began to move about freely.
He then came to the monk and told him the story. The monk said: 'Son, today you are superior to me. You have come to a stage where I feel that you would be soon put to a trial, and in case you are put to a trial, do not reveal me.'
That young boy began to heal those born blind and the lepers and he, in fact, began to cure people from all kinds of illnesses.
When a courtier of the king who had gone blind heard about him, he came to him with numerous gifts and said, 'If you cure me, all these things will be yours.'
He said, 'I myself do not cure anyone. It is Allah, the Exalted, Alone Who cures; and if you affirm faith in Allah, I shall also supplicate to Allah to cure you.'
This courtier affirmed his faith in Allah and Allah cured him. He came to the king and sat by his side as he used to sit before. The king said to him, 'Who restored your eyesight?' He said, 'My Rubb.' Thereupon he said, 'Do you have another lord besides me?' He said, 'My Rubb and your Rubb is Allah.' So the king kept torturing him untill he revealed the young boy.
The young boy was thus summoned and the king said to him, 'O boy, it has been conveyed to me that you have become so much proficient in your magic that you cure the blind and the lepers and you do such and such.'
Thereupon he said, 'I do not cure anyone; it is Allah Alone Who cures,'
and the king took hold of him and began to torture him until he revealed of the monk.
The monk was summoned and it was said to him: 'You should turn back from your religion.' But he refused. The king sent for a saw, placed it in the middle of his head and cut him into two parts that fell down.
Then the courtier of the king was brought forward and it was said to him: 'Turn back from your religion.' He, too, refused, and the saw was placed in the midst of his head and he was torn into two parts.
Then the boy was sent for and it was said to him: 'Turn back from your religion.' He refused. The king then handed him over to a group of his courtiers, and said to them: 'Take him to such and such mountain; make him climb up that mountain and when you reach its peak ask him to renounce his Faith. If he refuses to do so, push him to his death.' So they took him and made him climb up the mountain and he said: 'O Allah, save me from them in any way you like,' and the mountain began to shake and they all fell down (dead) and that young boy came walking to the king.
The king said to him, 'What happened to your companions?'
He said, 'Allah has saved me from them.'
He again handed him to some of his courtiers and said: 'Take him and carry him in a boat and when you reach the middle of the sea, ask him to renounce his religion. If he does not renounce his religion throw him (into the water).' So they took him and he said: 'O Allah, save me from them.' The boat turned upside down and they all drowned except the young boy who came walking to the king.
The king said to him, 'What happened to your companions?'
He said, 'Allah has saved me from them,' -and he said to the king: 'You cannot kill me until you do what I command you to do.'
The king asked, 'What is that?'
He said, 'Gather all people in one place and tie me up to the trunk of a tree, then take an arrow from my quiver and say: With the Name of Allah, the Rubb of the boy; then shoot me. If you do that you will be able to kill me.'
'The king called the people in an open field and tied the young boy to the trunk of a tree. He took out an arrow from his quiver, fixed in the bow and said, 'With the Name of Allah, the Rubb of the young boy,' he then shot the arrow and it hit the boy's temple. The young boy placed his hand upon the temple where the arrow had hit him and died.
The people then said: 'We believe in the Rubb of this young boy.'
The king was told: 'Do you see what you were afraid of, by Allah it has taken place; all people have believed.'
The king then commanded that trenches be dug and fire lit in them, and said: 'He who would not turn back from his (the young boy's) religion, throw him in the fire' or 'he would be ordered to jump into it.' They did so till a woman came with her child.
She felt hesitant in jumping into the fire. The child said to her: 'O mother! Endure (this ordeal) for you are on the Right Path".

[Muslim].
https://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/1/30

@azc also mentioned one about the pharaoh's daughter's handmaiden (similar to the stories of George W Bush's friend from Uzbekistan) - so that makes five.

Arabic

قَالُوا أَضْغَاثُ أَحْلَامٍ وَمَا نَحْنُ بِتَأْوِيلِ الْأَحْلَامِ بِعَالِمِينَ

Transliteration
Qaloo adghathu ahlamin wama nahnu bita/weeli al-ahlami biAAalimeena-

Literal
(Word by Word)-

They said, "Confused dreams, and not we (are) in the interpretation (of) the dreams learned."

Generally Accepted Translations of the Meaning

Muhammad Asad
They answered: " [This is one of] the most involved and confusing of dreams, and we have no deep knowledge of the real meaning of dreams."

M. M. Pickthall
They answered: Jumbled dreams! And we are not knowing in the interpretation of dreams.

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985)
They said: "A confused medley of dreams: and we are not skilled in the interpretation of dreams."

Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)
They said: "A confused medley of dreams: and we are not skilled in the interpretation of dreams."

Hell and heaven are not places on earth - although it's made to feel like it sometimes.
But they are definitely real.

ثُ--مَّ -ا-رْجِعِ -الْبَ--صَ--رَ- كَ-رَّتَ--يْ--نِ يَ---ن---قَ--لِ--بْ -إِلَ--يْ--كَ -الْبَ--صَ--رُ- خَ--اسِئا- ً- -وَهُوَ- حَسِيرٌ

067.004 Thumma Arji`i Al-Başara Karratayni Yanqalib 'Ilayka Al-Başaru Khāsi'āan Wa Huwa Ĥasīrun

Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out.

(Now i got "SKANDALOUZ", the chorus to "all about "u" ", and "how do "u" want it" jingles playing thru my mind - though "turning a blind eye" doesn't seem to be an option either).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIBdmRa7_M

Maybe in these trying times, it's better to do islaah if possible than to invite destruction nuh?
Not allowed to frown :( but give everyone their choice :) until the "harvest" :facepalm: (matt 13:24-30 - Quran 64:9) is ripe. Though Quran chapter 61 sounds like the truest answer -it is daunting to say the least.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
06-08-2018, 07:22 PM
@Abz2000 :
I see moral in the stories, not contradictions.

Abz2000
06-08-2018, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@Abz2000 :
I see moral in the stories, not contradictions.

They're not contradictions at all - just an invitation to consider possible outcomes and a possible exhortation to avoid a "who's guilty" stone throwing contest which would inevitably result in most of the world being stoned like soddom and ghomorrah - along with a possible unmentioned (frown, scowl) exhortation to make a sincere attempt to mend that which is broken, and also sound advice to bring children up in Islam and uncorrupted by secularism - and to find good like minded spouses for them - which would require attempts to set up a God fearing wider community or to practice family 'azl from corruption, deception and polytheism whilst seeking refuge in Allah like the youth of the cave - separation however would indicate that deception, false worship, and injustice are widespread and enForced by the leadership on global society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMpWe9UKL5E

BEAUTY AND BANDS.

hinabutt
06-09-2018, 10:20 AM
This is quite a point I think it more about their character than any other thing.

Desert
06-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Allah says that prophet luts wife and noahson wife were tale bearers
sof for this simple sin they were bad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.