/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Joe Sacco's Palestine

Silas
06-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Has anyone here read Joe Sacco's graphic novel "Palestine"?

I just finished it, and it is pretty eye-opening. I gave it to my oldest son to read, and he asks me "why don't we ever hear about this stuff on the news?" (the arbitrary arrests, endless violence, bulldozed houses, malnutrition, murders, etc.). I told him "who do you think controls the media in this county?"

Another interesting thing I have noticed: I have several dozen books about the Middle-East, most of which are slanted a bit in favor of the Arabs or Iranians, or are sympathetic to Islam.

At least 80% of these books were purchased online, and they are former library books that were "retired", or pulled from the shelves, even thought they are not old.

In other words, someone is complaining behind the scenes, and getting these books pulled out of the libraries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.