/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting addicted to head balm.

Imamah Ali
06-11-2018, 05:19 AM
Assalam alaiykum,
I am a first year college student, in school times I used to have head ache a lot because of tiring schedule and also we had to stand under sun daily for morning prayer, so every night I used to apply either head balm or massage my head with oil. Slowly slowly I got addicted with the smell of the balm. It has menthol and following ingredients ( butylated hydroxy toluene, cinnamon leaf oil, citronella oil, clove oil, east indian lemongrass oil, eucalyptus oil, light mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, paraffin, petrolatum, quinoline yellow (D&C yellow no.11). I have checked in net, smelling it has no side effects. But the problem is without smelling it I cannot sleep. I have certain habits before sleeping like combing hair, applying night cream and massaging oil on my leg, this is one of them, and without doing anyone thing I cannot sleep. I will have a feeling of incompleteness and that will disturb my sound sleep. My question is, is it ok to do that or I should seek medical or some other help to get rid of that smelling habit because it's a kind of addiction to drug ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-11-2018, 06:19 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Imamah Ali
Assalam alaiykum,
I am a first year college student, in school times I used to have head ache a lot because of tiring schedule and also we had to stand under sun daily for morning prayer, so every night I used to apply either head balm or massage my head with oil. Slowly slowly I got addicted with the smell of the balm. It has menthol and following ingredients ( butylated hydroxy toluene, cinnamon leaf oil, citronella oil, clove oil, east indian lemongrass oil, eucalyptus oil, light mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, paraffin, petrolatum, quinoline yellow (D&C yellow no.11). I have checked in net, smelling it has no side effects. But the problem is without smelling it I cannot sleep. I have certain habits before sleeping like combing hair, applying night cream and massaging oil on my leg, this is one of them, and without doing anyone thing I cannot sleep. I will have a feeling of incompleteness and that will disturb my sound sleep. My question is, is it ok to do that or I should seek medical or some other help to get rid of that smelling habit because it's a kind of addiction to drug ?
This isn't necessarily an addiction. It's probably more that it's comforting as all of those things can cause a person to relax, and i think it's a safe way to relax than to use mind altering substances. It's sort of like how pacifiers or personal blankets soothe babies and help them sleep. As long as it doesn't impair your mind or have haram ingredients, it's fine.

Imamah Ali
06-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Yeah true, thanks for ur answer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.