Desert
06-11-2018, 05:02 PM
As salami alai Kum

What do I do if I'm the only Muslim in the family of so called born Muslims
They force me to break my fast and stop performing Salah
I mean they do everything against Islam so I have declared take it on them
They are Muslims only in name divorcing me from my husband was proof
They call me insane

It's like if they spot me that I'm Muslim they will tear the walls of the kaband down

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Yaqzan
06-11-2018, 09:07 PM
AS sister, have some patience, your skin needs to grow thicker. Some families are like that.

What do you mean by forcing? Do they lock you up, do they beat you?

If you can't practise your deen properly, you can get your own space if you can offerd it or marry a pouis husband.

Allahoemma yasir

ahmed.younes
06-11-2018, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
As salami alai Kum

What do I do if I'm the only Muslim in the family of so called born Muslims
They force me to break my fast and stop performing Salah
I mean they do everything against Islam so I have declared take it on them
They are Muslims only in name divorcing me from my husband was proof
They call me insane

It's like if they spot me that I'm Muslim they will tear the walls of the kaband down
Don't budge an inch in regards to your religion. Other than that just smile and be polite to your parents and inshallah it will pay off in the future

MuslimahRo
06-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Walaikum salam, I have read of cases like yours where parents or family are so-called Muslims who don't allow their children, including adult ones, to practice Islam. Nauzibillah. Can you move out? Are there any shelters for the homeless or abuse victims? You are definitely being abused and your basic rights are being violated. You need to get out. Find out what resources are available. Talk to an imam. Don't break your saum or stop your salat. Insha Allah these idiots and zalimun can't prevent you from worshipping Allah Subhan wa t'ala. Also, there are duas and dhikr you can recite against your enemies such as "Ya Muntaqimu" and "Ya Qawiyyu".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aflawedbeing
06-18-2018, 04:19 AM
I'm the only Muslim in my family as well, though in a very different sense.
My family are not Muslim in any sense of the word.

See it as an opportunity for daw'ah.

Do what you need to do to make it easier. Get married, hold strong...Just always love and respect them, have Sabr for them and yet make no excuses for them and once you do have the agency to inshaAllah live your life as per what's best.

May Allah swt make it easy.

It is a tough one, I know.

MuslimahRo
06-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Assalam walaikum. How was your family able to divorce you from your husband? Why did he agree? Does he still care about you? Would he be willing to help you get your own place? May Allah relieve you of your affliction. Indeed relief comes after affliction.

JustTime
06-18-2018, 06:48 AM
I don't know how such people even exist, how they even justify such things their, to their own children doing something so simple as Salat and Fasting, I sincerely Ask Allah to relieve you of such a burden.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.