/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't like when wife call nephew her "son"...

Stoic
06-22-2018, 09:11 PM
So before I married her she had a nephew from her sister and brother in law that looks like her. Now we just got a son together and its her first son but every time she sees the nephew she calls him like "hey son mommy miss you". I don't like it because its like as though she had a baby with her brother in law.

Am I wrong to dislike it or leave it or say something?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
06-22-2018, 11:13 PM
Salams,

If you dislike something from your wife you have the right to Inform her and discuss with her to know her internal thoughts. Might be it was because of her thoughts not to hurt her Nephew as She got a New Son.

If you still dislike it then Your wife has to listen to you is the islamic Teachings .

*charisma*
06-22-2018, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
So before I married her she had a nephew from her sister and brother in law that looks like her. Now we just got a son together and its her first son but every time she sees the nephew she calls him like "hey son mommy miss you". I don't like it because its like as though she had a baby with her brother in law.

Am I wrong to dislike it or leave it or say something?
Her nephew is a mahrem to her and is very much like her son. They probably have a special bond especially if she didn't have her own son before, so I think you are overthinking it. My family is very close knit so we consider our uncles and aunts like our secondary set of parents. Even though they are not our real parents, they step in when we need them and I'm sure your wife would do the same for her nephew, just as I would for mine. It is her sister's son, so please don't make something which is maternal and innocent as something immoral.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.