/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that a lot of people around my age don't pray sunnah at masjid and such?

Stoic
06-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Like age in 20's and 30's bracket for example. I'm currently in my 20's.

Example at the masjid praying sunnah before and after prayer. Even staying put for awhile after prayer saying the tasbeeh.

They immediately get up and out and just talk outside or something.

Should I do the same and just wait till I'm like one of the older men?

Mind you I'm not trying to brag or anything I just wish everyone do the same. Its not hard.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Asalamualykum,

Who apart from shaytaan has guaranteed us old age or the next second?

You are doing the right thing Alhandulilah It is your own relationship with Allah swt and everyone is on different levels. If it is affecting you a lot change masjids.

ahmed.younes
06-23-2018, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic

Example at the masjid praying sunnah before and after prayer. Even staying put for awhile after prayer saying the tasbeeh.

Mind you I'm not trying to brag or anything I just wish everyone do the same. Its not hard.
First of all you should not be copying people, you should be on the sunnah regardless of what other people or the majority do.

[6:116]And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah. They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying.

Therefore Majority can never be used as an argument.

Second, the sunnah is to stay after the prayer and make tasbih according to the authentic tradition.
And in regards to the prayer before salah asr, and after it, there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars whether it is prescribed to pray or not. Moreover, the sunnah is to pray the voluntary prayers at home, while the obligatory is best prayed in the mosque.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Perform some of your prayers in your houses and do not make them graves.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 422; Muslim, 777)

Abz2000
06-23-2018, 01:52 PM
May Allah reward those people for completing the compulsory tasks and may Allah reward even more those who do better.
Simple equation nuh?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
06-23-2018, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic

Asalaamualaykum,

In essence what you asking can be asked for nearly everything else in Islam - one can ask why they use a miswaak and others don't Etc Etc Etc ETc to the point that you cover the omission of everything in the deen ...I actually fail to understand why people even ask that question in principle.

If you said you visit a certain Musjid that follows a certain opinion then that makes sense or something along those lines but to ask that type of question in general terms....Well how long is that piece of string...….You can cover the entire Deen in that respect.

Do what you know is correct - You will judged by Allah SWT on your actions AND INTENTIONS.

You seem to indicate looking down upon others that don't - How sure are you that your intention is 100% in the court of Allah SWT ?

It is admirable that you doing the deed in itself - you should be more concerned with uplifting your ikhlaas in the matter than concerning yourself with omission by others.

Alhumdullila - You doing it, May Allah SWT keep you on that.

azc
06-23-2018, 06:17 PM
@Stoic :
I actually fail to understand why people even ask that question in principle.
So this question should not be asked...?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.