PDA

View Full Version : Why I Like Darwin - Subboor Ahmad

Scimitar
07-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Never saw this coming, hehe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
07-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Isn't it amazing how each individual from every walk of life is revising his/her opinions on any given matter with every piece of information entering his/her brain?
It is essential that we look for facts and process information with sincerity and a keen desire to come closer to the just truth regardless of our previous prejudices and mistaken or flawed notions so that we end up coming together on the stage of Allah's good pleasure - even if we studied individually and initially from different perspectives.

I pray that Allah unites the world on truth and justice so that all people can assist each other in advancing upon justice rather than cut down branches of beneficial truth in the process of cutting each other down for the sake of defending their own false prejudices and egos.
Blessed are the meek and sincere truthseekers - for they shall inherit the kingdom of eternal life.

24. And among His Signs, He shows you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise.
25. And among His Signs is this, that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.
26. To Him belongs every being that is in the heavens and on earth: all are devoutly obedient to Him.
27. It is He Who begins (the process of) creation; then repeats it; and for Him it is most easy. To Him belongs the loftiest similitude (we can think of) in the heavens and the earth: for He is Exalted in Might, full of wisdom.
28. He does propound to you a similitude from your own (experience): do ye have partners among those whom your right hands possess, to share as equals in the wealth We have bestowed on you? Do ye fear them as ye fear each other? Thus do we explain the Signs in detail to a people that understand.
29. Nay, the wrong-doers (merely) follow their own lusts, being devoid of knowledge. But who will guide those whom Allah leaves astray? To them there will be no helpers.
30. So set thou thy face steadily and truly to the Faith: (establish) Allah.s handiwork according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah. that is the standard Religion: but most among mankind understand not.
31. Turn ye back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not ye among those who join gods with Allah,-
32. Those who split up their Religion, and become (mere) Sects,- each party rejoicing in that which is with itself!

From Quran, Chapter 30 - The Romans.

ahmed.younes
07-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Liking dawrin? A kafir? Especially someone who used to promote false beliefs? Someone who is hated by Allah?

Fear allah.

ChosenTCO
07-03-2018, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
Liking dawrin? A kafir? Especially someone who used to promote false beliefs? Someone who is hated by Allah?

Fear allah.
What makes you think he is hated by God? How could you attribute something like that to God when you dont have the means for revelations or other similar things?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
07-04-2018, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes

Fear allah.
that’s a “khawarij” comment!!! Hmmm, interesting!!!

Abz2000
07-04-2018, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bushwackk
that’s a “khawarij” comment!!! Hmmm, interesting!!!
The exhortation: "fear Allah" -is valid if it used with the intention of comnanding obedience to Allah ...... however, if it is simply being used as false propaganda with the aim of hiding one's enimity to God and traitorous intentions towards God and His Messengers -then it is worthy of condemnation.

"O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared"^3:102)

"So, keep your duty to Allah and fear Him as much as you can.. .'([64:16)

(This second Verse explains the meaning of the first one).

"O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah and fear Him, and speak (always) the just truth".
(33:70)

"... And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine..."
(65:2,3)

Scimitar
07-04-2018, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
What makes you think he is hated by God? How could you attribute something like that to God when you dont have the means for revelations or other similar things?
Darwin was actually, quite religious, without being affiliated to religion.

In the last ten or so years of his life, he would increasingly engage in respectful conversation and enquiry with people who believed in God. It is also reported that in these latter years, he believed in God without adhering to religion. Hardly surprising given the Christian climate of the day, and Christianity's direct opposition to scientific enquiry. I do muse though, how different his opinion on religion would be, had Islam been the norm of his locale. The thought does make me smile.

Scimitar
07-04-2018, 03:53 PM

anatolian
07-04-2018, 04:19 PM
I dont like or dislike Darwin. I dont have a personal feeling towards him but I accept the evolution. We must be able to separate thoughts from people. If darwin was a strong muslim would all rejectors of evolution in Muslims accept this theory? What we must question is whether the theory of evolution is compatible with Islam, I think.

Abz2000
07-04-2018, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I dont like or dislike Darwin. I dont have a personal feeling towards him but I accept the evolution. We must be able to separate thoughts from people. If darwin was a strong muslim would all rejectors of evolution in Muslims accept this theory? What we must question is whether the theory of evolution is compatible with Islam, I think.
If it's the truth then it's compatible with Islam -since Allah :swt: is the author of truth -and Islam means peace through submission to Allah and obedience to Him.

I believe without any doubt that the passing on of hereditary traits is a fact along with the fact that each person adds to and removes from these traits as they pass through life and pass on seed and as they teach, and that it is necessary to seek assistance from Allah as we fulfil lawful means - since Allah who raises the dead mends the broken by the means of His choosing.

See also:

http://www.earthporm.com/24-incredib...ents-kids-age/

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1127255...n_tab_contents

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.