/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Using heaven to entertain someone

ardianto
07-08-2018, 03:29 AM
:sl:

Suppose, you were hungry. Had no food, had no money. Then you go to your friend, hoping he would help you. But instead of helping you he just entertain you with "Don't worry if you are hungry in this world, because later in heaven you can eat much delicious foods".

What would you feel?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nashita
07-08-2018, 03:45 PM
This is a very deep question. I am really glad to see this because this question indirectly or directly focuses on the fact that Muslims only want success in the life after death and this life is only a test for them and nothing more than that. This is true but this creates many misconceptions among non-muslims . This life is unfair but that doesn't mean it's not beautiful. I have seen many people just dwelling about their future and doing nothing about their present situation. Some Muslims Believe that their don't care attitude about this world is absolutely fine. It's like they don't even care what's happening in this world or whether their family is alright or whether people need them , all they know is that they'll be faithful to Allah and will reach heaven . This world, it's people (including their loved ones), money nothing matters to them. They try to impose their beliefs on others as well and they think that Allah wants this from them. Honestly, this world needs someone kind rather than someone strict.

Coming to your question, I would definitely feel broken. My life isn't a joke nor I am myself a joke. I value myself and also my life! I know this life is a test but that doesn't mean I am not gonna value that Allah has blessed me with a life and an opportunity to enter Jannah. I not only want success in the life after but also in this life. My friend refusing to offer me food knowing that I have no food and money and then using heaven to console me isn't acceptable. I don't want to live a life with regrets and end up with a feeling that I could have done or achieved more. Your present situation is your reality, if you're not happy with it you need to do something about it instead of comforting yourself with the idea of heaven. It's important to be realistic and that's what I believe in.

Ümit
07-08-2018, 05:10 PM
@Nashita
Well spoken!
To add to your post:
This world is even more important than the next...in this world you can make a difference...once in the next world...you cannot change anything anymore...

Just like you said...i made a comment on a thread earlier today...
The topic was whether music in videogames were haraam or not...can you see the controversy in this?

People are spending hours and hours per day behind their gaming consoles...untill the next pray time...then they pray and crawl right back behind their consoles...some even eat while playing videogames...
Their lives exist only of eating sleeping praying and playing videogames...they do not see the problem here...but they are really concerned about whether music in their videogames are haraam or not.

Go outside people...meet with your friends...buy them a drink...go out for dinner or lunch...laugh and cry together...share your joy and sorrow...help your friends or ask them for help...and occasionally play your videogames...contribute to the society....and don't forget to pray in time in the process.
Do not shut yourself off from the outside world. Why do you think praying together is worth 27 times more than praying alone?
We need our friends and relatives in good times and in bad...we Muslims shouldn't be egoistic
Be a good Muslim and socialize...

ardianto
07-08-2018, 06:01 PM
What would I feel if I was hungry and my friend told me like that?. ........ I don't know. But one thing that I know, I should not let myself die in hunger and entertain myself with "It's okay if I die in hunger because in heaven I can eat as much as I want".

Live the life is not always easy. There are many challenges and dificulties that we must face, like when we are seeking for a job, trying to find life-partner. Of course we should not easy to give up when face these dificulties. Unfortunatelly there are people who easy to give up and using pleasure in heaven as an excuse to give up, like "It's okay if I can't get what I want in this world, because later I will get it in heaven". I see this attitude in this forum too, and it made me wonder, if just want a worldly thing like being a movie actor, why must wait until die?. Why don't try make his own movie in this world?.

And the worse is, people like this also try to influence the others to give up. We can see the example in this forum. When someone tell his/her difficulty in getting married, instead of giving tips to make this person easier to get marrried, they suggest this person to give up with argument "Later in heaven you will get beautiful/handsome spouse".

Yes, the question in the opening post actually addressed tho people like this.

Using the pleasure in heaven as excuse to give up is not good, because it will make people lazy to do effort to make their life better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ChosenTCO
07-09-2018, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
What would I feel if I was hungry and my friend told me like that?. ........ I don't know. But one thing that I know, I should not let myself die in hunger and entertain myself with "It's okay if I die in hunger because in heaven I can eat as much as I want".

Live the life is not always easy. There are many challenges and dificulties that we must face, like when we are seeking for a job, trying to find life-partner. Of course we should not easy to give up when face these dificulties. Unfortunatelly there are people who easy to give up and using pleasure in heaven as an excuse to give up, like "It's okay if I can't get what I want in this world, because later I will get it in heaven". I see this attitude in this forum too, and it made me wonder, if just want a worldly thing like being a movie actor, why must wait until die?. Why don't try make his own movie in this world?.

And the worse is, people like this also try to influence the others to give up. We can see the example in this forum. When someone tell his/her difficulty in getting married, instead of giving tips to make this person easier to get marrried, they suggest this person to give up with argument "Later in heaven you will get beautiful/handsome spouse".

Yes, the question in the opening post actually addressed tho people like this.

Using the pleasure in heaven as excuse to give up is not good, because it will make people lazy to do effort to make their life better.
This reminds me so much of an ayaa in the Quran. [36:47]
{And when it is said to them, "Spend from that which Allah has provided for you," those who disbelieve say to those who believe, "Should we feed one whom, if Allah had willed, He would have fed? You are not but in clear error."}

This, unfortunately, is the mentality of a significant amount of muslims around the world. They have a very morphed and incorrect understanding of fate and kada'a in islam (not saying im any better, but at least i know that you shouldnt entertain hunger and starvation with the idea and promise of heaven). And its not just them. Those who understand it well often fail to send the proper interpretation of it and focus too much about being patient and waiting for Allah's blessing to come raining down on them out of the blue without also stressing of the fact that we have to get off our butts and work it off till the blessings come. Its so heart breaking and gut wrenching to see those suffering get misled (even if its on accident) then feel betrayed about their religion.

These people often throw the word "sabr" and "patience" around like its the key to everything when its not. Its almost always a temporary solution to calamities that afflict us, and rarely is it a permanent one. Take for example the problem you mentioned about finding a spouse. Most people would rush to say "bare patience" and "InshAllah you will find one" or the dreaded "fear Allah" forgetting to also accompany them with useful and effective solutions to resolve the issue permanently. I dont know if this is because they automatically assume that you've tried all the solutions already and didnt work or what, but damn ... do they not understand that a person who is complaining can no longer use sabr as a solution? ... I mean, isnt it obvious that those who have been filled to the brim with sabr are the ones who often complain about their problems?

It gets to a point where i feel its all because these people detach themselves soo much from this dunya they are forgetting what it means to be human, what it means to feel needs of this dunya and how significate they are to the body, mind and even spirit. Its as if they are no longer human and act as if they are robots, pledging their entire life to a cause making themselves stripped of emotions and feelings to this dunya. Im not going to say that their cause is not noble (I believe that it is) but i do not think their methods is the best way to go around this. This way of life strips the person from empathy and the feeling of mercy towards others in this dunya. A path that leads to a dark and hollow heart, even if the cause is noble, is not a good path. One must maintain balance between his connection to both worlds but ultimately keeps in mind that his end destination is the hereafter. And this balance can never be achieved by stripping yourself from this dunya or the akhira (hereafter).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.