/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's That Hadith Thread

AbuAsiyah
07-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Asslaam 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I thought I would start a thread where we could ask each other for a hadith, statement of Sahabi, statement of a scholar, or even an Ayah from the Quran that we heard (or thought we heard before) but can't seem to find.

I will start out with a hadith that I at least thought I read that the men in paradise will have the physique of Adam ('Alayhis Salaam), the beauty of Yusuf ('Alaihis Salaam) and the character and manners of the prophet Muhammed (Salalahu 'Alaihi wa Salaam). If anyone could find that for me, that would be great.

"...watawaasao bil Haqq..." (al-Asr: 3)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
07-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Here is one hadith of the apparent compilation possibly by a sahabah, taabi'i, or scholar - will look for more details and post - and Allah :swt: knows best as to its actual authenticity.

كتاب الجنة وصفة نعيمها وأهلها 53
The Book of Paradise, its Description, its Bounties and its Inhabitants

(11)Chapter: People Will Enter Paradise Whose Hearts Are Like The Hearts Of Birds

(11) باب يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ أَقْوَامٌ أَفْئِدَتُهُمْ مِثْلُ أَفْئِدَةِ الطَّيْرِ

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created Adam in His image with His length of sixty cubits, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of "Mercy of Allah".
So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رَافِعٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا مَعْمَرٌ، عَنْ هَمَّامِ بْنِ مُنَبِّهٍ، قَالَ هَذَا مَا حَدَّثَنَا بِهِ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ فَذَكَرَ أَحَادِيثَ مِنْهَا وَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ خَلَقَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ آدَمَ عَلَى صُورَتِهِ طُولُهُ سِتُّونَ ذِرَاعًا فَلَمَّا خَلَقَهُ قَالَ اذْهَبْ فَسَلِّمْ عَلَى أُولَئِكَ النَّفَرِ وَهُمْ نَفَرٌ مِنَ الْمَلاَئِكَةِ جُلُوسٌ فَاسْتَمِعْ مَا يُجِيبُونَكَ فَإِنَّهَا تَحِيَّتُكَ وَتَحِيَّةُ ذُرِّيَّتِكَ قَالَ فَذَهَبَ فَقَالَ السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ فَقَالُوا السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ - قَالَ - فَزَادُوهُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ - قَالَ - فَكُلُّ مَنْ يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ عَلَى صُورَةِ آدَمَ وَطُولُهُ سِتُّونَ ذِرَاعًا فَلَمْ يَزَلِ الْخَلْقُ يَنْقُصُ بَعْدَهُ حَتَّى الآنَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2841
In-book reference : Book 53, Hadith 32
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 40, Hadith 6809
(deprecated numbering scheme)

https://sunnah.com/muslim/53/32

- - - Updated - - -

Home »Shama'il Muhammadiyah »

Description Of The Joking Of Rasoolullah -

باب ما جاء في صفة مزاح رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

»Hadith

Hasan Basri radiyallahu anhu says that an old woman came to Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam and made a request, O Messenger of Allah make Dua that Allah grants me entrance into Jannah.

Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, O Mother, an old woman cannot enter Jannah. That woman started crying and began to leave. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, Say to the woman that one will not enter in a state of old age, but Allah will make all the women of Jannah young virgins. Allah Ta'ala says, Lo! We have created them a (new) creation and made them virgins, lovers, equal in age. (Surah Waaqi'ah, 35-37).

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ بْنُ حُمَيْدٍ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا مُصْعَبُ بْنُ الْمِقْدَامِ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا الْمُبَارِكُ بْنُ فَضَالَةَ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، قَالَ‏:‏ أَتَتْ عَجُوزٌ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَقَالَتْ‏:‏ يَا رَسُولَ اللهِ، ادْعُ اللَّهَ أَنْ يُدْخِلَنِي الْجَنَّةَ، فَقَالَ‏:‏ يَا أُمَّ فُلانٍ، إِنَّ الْجَنَّةَ لا تَدْخُلُهَا عَجُوزٌ، قَالَ‏:‏ فَوَلَّتْ تَبْكِي، فَقَالَ‏:‏ أَخْبِرُوهَا أَنَّهَا لا تَدْخُلُهَا وَهِيَ عَجُوزٌ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَعَالَى، يَقُولُ‏:‏ إِنَّا أَنْشَأْنَاهُنَّ إِنْشَاءً، فَجَعَلْنَاهُنَّ أَبْكَارًا، عُرُبًا أَتْرَابًا‏.‏

English reference : Book 35, Hadith 230
Arabic reference : Book 36, Hadith 240

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gf4Su-mfUU

AbuAsiyah
07-11-2018, 07:33 PM
I could have sworn I saw a hadith that mentions the physique of Adam, the beauty of Yusuf, and the character of Muhammed for the men of Paradise all in one hadith. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Jazakalah Khair for the response

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.