/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith Aunthenticity

ameerkam
07-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Salaam

I was researching a ruling and I came across this “Beware! Do not falsify the words of an Ālim. Do not reject his statements and do not bear enmity towards him. Be cordial with them, because friendship with the learned is a sign of good morals. And enmity with them is hypocrisy. Beware! Whoever insults an Ālim insults me and whoever insults me insults Allah; and whoever insults Allah; his abode is Hell. And (remember), whoever honours an Ālim, honours me and whoever honours me honours Allah and whoever honours Allah; his abode shall be Paradise.”

I realised this was a Shia site and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is authentic or false.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-27-2018, 05:07 PM
:wasalam:

There are similar words narrated, but not the exact same sentences as quoted above. Please see Respect for Learning and the Learned in Islam for more details.

Abu Bakrah Radiyallahu 'anhu narrates: I heard Nabi Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam saying: You should become either (1) an 'Alim or (2) a seeker of knowledge of Deen, or (3) an attentive listener to the knowledge of Deen, or (4) a lover of knowledge of Deen and Ulama. Do not be of the fifth kind, otherwise you will be ruined. The fifth kind is that you bear malice towards knowledge of Deen and those who possess it. (Tabrani, Bazzar, Majma-'uz-Zawaid)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.