/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mosque on Wheels - Olympics 2020

AabiruSabeel
07-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Company unveils moving mosque to welcome Muslims in Japan

TOKYO (AP) — A large white and blue truck pulls up outside a stadium in central Japan and slowly expands into a place of worship.

Welcome to the Mobile Mosque.

As Japan prepares to host visitors from around the world for the 2020 Summer Olympics, a Tokyo sports and cultural events company has created a mosque on wheels that its head hopes will make Muslim visitors feel at home.

Yasuharu Inoue, the CEO of Yasu Project, said the possibility that there might not be enough mosques for Muslim visitors in 2020 is alarming for a country that considers itself part of the international community. His Mobile Mosques could travel to different Olympic venues as needed.

“As an open and hospitable country, we want to share the idea of ‘omotenashi’ (Japanese hospitality) with Muslim people,” he said in a recent interview.

The first Mobile Mosque was unveiled earlier this week outside Toyota Stadium, a J-League soccer venue in Toyota City, which is also the headquarters of the car company with the same name.

The back of the modified 25-ton truck flipped up to reveal an entrance and then the side slid out, doubling the width of the truck. The 48-square-meter (515-square-foot) room can accommodate 50 people.

Muslim guests prayed inside the mosque, which includes outdoor taps and a washing area for pre-worship cleansing.

Indonesian students who were victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami also participated in the debut ceremony.

“The Mobile Mosque is very important to Muslim people such as Japanese people or tourists, Muslim tourists who visit Japan,” said 14-year-old Nur Azizah. “I want to show my friends.”

An estimated 100,000 to 200,000 Muslims live in Japan.

Tatsuya Sakaguchi, a Japanese guest, expressed hope that the Mobile Mosque would help open people’s minds worldwide.

“Looking in from the outside at the people in the mosque, they looked very happy,” said Sakaguchi, the representative director of an Osaka retail company.

Inoue said the inspiration for the project came to him on a trip to Qatar four years ago.

Initially, the project organizers plan to target international sporting events both in Japan and overseas. Inoue said he hopes the project will do more than fill a gap in religious infrastructure.

“Going forward, I would be so happy if people from Indonesia, Malaysia, Africa, the Middle East and, for example, refugees who are coming from Syria are able to use the mosque as a tool to promote world peace,” he said.

Source: https://www.apnews.com/08e5df9b652f4ecea7b342576a0a71df

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
07-27-2018, 10:53 PM
Allah Akbar! I LOVE THIS! I LOVE THIS! I LOVE THIS!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

I LOVE ISLAM!!

I would FIGHT AND DIE ONLY FOR Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa)! I will sacrifice everything for him! EVEN IF Allah have given me sons, lots of sons and daughters I will sacrifice them all for him! That easy! ONLY HE DESERVE to be worshiped! Only he deserved where I put my head on the floor and submit to him! HIS LAWS are perfect and just! He is just! Only Allah is just! ONLY Allah is just! ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY Allah is just! Only Allah is compassionate! Only Allah is merciful! Only him! No one can ever compete against him..no one! I am nothing! I am weak! I am poor and I need him! I can only type these words only by his will alone!

I only weep :cry::cry: just for Allah alone!

Abz2000
07-28-2018, 01:55 AM
It's good that they prepared prayer facilities for their customers who plan to visit the country for the olympics - although it is usually much cheaper in the long run to set aside land for a permanent mosque for their citizens to pray in after the olympic games are over. But the details and distances needed to travel may have been taken into account

If they weren't idiots they would have built permanent mosques for themselves and their children to pray in and learn how to live as decent people who get rewarded eternally - so a mobile prayer bus could possibly be a good step considering their condition.

and Allah :swt: knows best

anatolian
07-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Thats the Japanese way of doing things... Technological, practical and respectful :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
07-28-2018, 11:14 AM
I noticed that the doctors in al madeenah were using them as mobile clinics to serve pilgrims during hajj 2004

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Allah Akbar! I LOVE THIS! I LOVE THIS! I LOVE THIS!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

I LOVE ISLAM!!

I would FIGHT AND DIE ONLY FOR Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa)! I will sacrifice everything for him! EVEN IF Allah have given me sons, lots of sons and daughters I will sacrifice them all for him! That easy! ONLY HE DESERVE to be worshiped! Only he deserved where I put my head on the floor and submit to him! HIS LAWS are perfect and just! He is just! Only Allah is just! ONLY Allah is just! ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY Allah is just! Only Allah is compassionate! Only Allah is merciful! Only him! No one can ever compete against him..no one! I am nothing! I am weak! I am poor and I need him! I can only type these words only by his will alone!

I only weep :cry::cry: just for Allah alone!
Do you have to sound so lame about it? Almost as if you're joking..... you earlier mentioned that you don't have any children AND don't plan to marry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.