/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a prayer or a surah from Quran that will definitely enables you to say the

Nitro Zeus
07-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Let’s say, you lived a life of sin, but you really wish to be able to say the testimony of faith as your last words so that you can be saved.

Is there a surah or a prayer that will definitely enables you to recite the testimony of faith as your last words before you die and also to answer 100% correctly the grave questions even if you lived a life of sin?

Please tell me, it’s important to know wether there is or not.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
07-28-2018, 11:06 AM
Bismillah-Hirrahman-Nirrahim:

Regular recitation of surah yasin/durood.

Abundant tawba from sins

and this dua:
"Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana ba'da idh hadaytana wa hab lana milladunka rahmah innaka antal Wahhab"

Nitro Zeus
07-28-2018, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc

Abundant tawba from sins

and this dua:
"Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana ba'da idh hadaytana wa hab lana milladunka rahmah innaka antal Wahhab"
So surah Yasin will enables you to recite shahada as your last words and also to answer grave questions 100% correctly?

azc
07-28-2018, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
So surah Yasin Durood will enables you to recite shahada as your last words and also to answer grave questions?
If Allah swt wills.

Keep on doing dua to Allah swt for shahadah as last words.

Recitation of Surah Mulk before sleep is very useful for protection of adhab of grave.

And

اللَّهمَّ مَنْ أَحْيَيْتَه ُُ مِنَّا فَأَحْيِه ِِ عَلَى الإِسْلامِ، وَمَنْ تَوَفَّيْتَه ُُ مِنَّا فَتَوَفَّه ُُ عَلَى الإِيْمَانِ،
''O Allah, whom amongst us You keep alive, then let such a life be upon Islam, and whom amongst us You take unto Yourself, then let such a death be upon faith.''
http://ahadith.co.uk/hisnulmuslim-dua-51

- - - Updated - - -

Plz consult imam/scholar of local masjid as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
07-28-2018, 07:24 PM
I have never come across such a prayer but the best prayer would be to change your actions immediately and live a life that is pleasing to Allah swt.

You can't really wish to recite the kalimah as your last words and pass the tests of the grave if you live a life of sin. The two worlds are completely opposite of each other. You are wanting good but are doing evil. Don't let the shaytaan trick you. Jannah is not easy to get. You have to constantly push yourself to a greater emaan than your emaan of yesterday and keep trying until your very last breath.

If you keep your mouth moist in the remembrance of Allah swt and by reciting the kalimah as many times as you can. Insha Allah the chances of you saying it on your death bed would be greater and a lot easier as well.

May Allah swt help us die with the greatest level of emaan Ameen.

Anothername
07-30-2018, 04:00 AM
Wise important advises above^
I think recite after every salaah can help and before sleep. I want to change too, is there a dua to for this change to be permanent, other than a scary wake-up call? I'm always feeling like progressing and then regressing. *Tortured*

Abz2000
07-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Let’s say, you lived a life of sin, but you really wish to be able to say the testimony of faith as your last words so that you can be saved.

Is there a surah or a prayer that will definitely enables you to recite the testimony of faith as your last words before you die and also to answer 100% correctly the grave questions even if you lived a life of sin?

Please tell me, it’s important to know wether there is or not.
There are no magic chants or amulets that will force you to say the shahaadah as you die, rather your very being must testify to the truth of the fact that there is none worthy of your obedience in lieu of Allah :swt: , and that Muhammad :saws: is truly Allah's slave and Messenger.

For your inner being to testify to this, the awareness and heedfulness must be there with Yaqeen at the time of death - bear in mind that there are people who instantly die in diverse circumstances without getting a chance to say it with their lips - yet the fact that it is written in their hearts makes them a shaheed.

The shahaadah is not simply a spoken statement, rather it is a solid testimony.

ahmed.younes
07-30-2018, 03:00 PM

Abundant tawba from sins

and this dua:
Brother give me your daleel that reading the Surah Yasin will help you say shahada before death

azc
07-30-2018, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
Brother give me your daleel that reading the Surah Yasin will help you say shahada before death
There is no specific dalil though but the virtues of surah yasin evince to it, as:

4) Abu Darda (RA) narrates that whoever recites Sura Yaseen close to a dying person, then his death will be an easy one. (Recorded by Ad-Dailami and Ibn Hibban)

5) Abdullah bin Zubair (RA) narrates that whoever recites Surah Yaseen for any specific need, then it shall be fulfilled’. (Tafseer Al Mazhari)

Plz see the 'specific need' of OP
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52363

Abz2000
07-31-2018, 12:16 AM
Those surahs and verses have meaning to the people who recite them with pondering - the word dhikr means reminder and does not mean ritual meaningless chant.

If a person's faith in Allah :swt: and the last day, and submission and the will to obey and serve Allah increases upon recital of and pondering upon Allah's reminders - then there is the possibility of their having a positive effect upon the person, and there is the increased chance of the person living in proper faith, and having proper faith at time of death.

Ponder upon the following, Allah :swt: knows best as to authenticity, therefore think for yourselves:

https://the-finalrevelation.blogspot...asood.html?m=1

ahmed.younes
07-31-2018, 07:29 AM
There is no specific dalil though but the virtues of surah yasin evince to it, as:

4) Abu Darda (RA) narrates that whoever recites Sura Yaseen close to a dying person, then his death will be an easy one. (Recorded by Ad-Dailami and Ibn Hibban)

5) Abdullah bin Zubair (RA) narrates that whoever recites Surah Yaseen for any specific need, then it shall be fulfilled’. (Tafseer Al Mazhari)

Plz see the 'specific need' of OP
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52363
Where does it say that these narrations are authentic?

azc
07-31-2018, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
Where does it say that these narrations are authentic?
4: In several hadith reciting surah yasin at Dying person is injuncted:

e.g.

Ibn Yasar ra narrates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “Recite it on your dead.” [Abu Dawud]

5: The source of this statement in tafsir mazhari (Urdu version in our library) of sh Sanaullah panipati rh is not mentioned though but the same statement of Hz Hassan bin Atiya RA is found in tafsir Durre Mansoor (Urdu version) narrated by imam Bayhaqî's rh in Shuabul Iman, vol #2, page # 481, hadith # 20465, Darul kutub ilmiya, Beirut.

Abz2000
07-31-2018, 05:33 PM

e.g.

Ibn Yasar ra narrates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “Recite it on your dead.” [Abu Dawud]

5: The source of this statement in tafsir mazhari (Urdu version in our library) of sh Sanaullah panipati rh is not mentioned though but the same statement of Hz Hassan bin Atiya RA is found in tafsir Durre Mansoor (Urdu version) narrated by imam Bayhaqî's rh in Shuabul Iman, vol #2, page # 481, hadith # 20465, Darul kutub ilmiya, Beirut.
Recite it with meaning and depth on your living while they yet have a chance to walk straight - so that you won't feel overly sorrowed when reciting it on your dying.

azc
08-01-2018, 10:17 AM

e.g.

correct number of hadith of shuabul iman is #2465 (instead of 20465)

azc
08-04-2018, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Recite it with meaning and depth on your living while they yet have a chance to walk straight - so that you won't feel overly sorrowed when reciting it on your dying.
We are commanded by our prophet s.a.w to recite surah yasin on dying/dead Muslim...

Abz2000
08-04-2018, 02:06 PM
We are commanded by our prophet s.a.w to recite surah yasin on dying/dead Muslim...
Are you desperately looking for some sort of excuse to bicker or something?
What exactly did i say there that you needed to clarify?

IslamLife00
08-07-2018, 02:41 AM
I have read that surah Al Mulk can protect from punishment of the grave. As in correctly answering the questions in the grave, I don't know any surah nor dua that can guarantee that.

Allah created us, He cannot be fooled. Even if it's possible for the tongue to lie, in the grave or Judgement Day, Allah can make the heart, the limbs speak the truth.

As He said in the Qur'an, sufficient is you against yourself.

[It will be said], "Read your record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as accountant." 17 : 14

https://quran.com/102

Nitro Zeus
08-07-2018, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
I have read that surah Al Mulk can protect from punishment of the grave. As in correctly answering the questions in the grave, I don't know any surah nor dua that can guarantee that.

Allah created us, He cannot be fooled. Even if it's possible for the tongue to lie, in the grave or Judgement Day, Allah can make the heart, the limbs speak the truth.

As He said in the Qur'an, sufficient is you against yourself.

[It will be said], "Read your record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as accountant." 17 : 14

https://quran.com/102
Look. I’m not trying to fool God. Because, it is impossible thing to do. And I will never intend to do such heinous sin EVER. I just needed to know if there is, so that I can be saved, that’s all. I’m asking this because, I fear that I may not be able to do this.

IslamLife00
08-08-2018, 01:24 AM
I meant to say that Allah is All Knowing. If you live a life of sin, repent and return to Islam. If you already live Islam, continue to do so. That way when the angels of the grave ask you the questions, your tongue, your heart, your limbs - all will give the right answers : Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is your Lord, Islam is your religion, Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam is His servant and messenger. You will be able to give these answers, because you have lived Islam when you are alive in this dunya and it will all be in your record.

Ümit
08-08-2018, 06:52 AM
Look. I’m not trying to fool God. Because, it is impossible thing to do. And I will never intend to do such heinous sin EVER. I just needed to know if there is, so that I can be saved, that’s all. I’m asking this because, I fear that I may not be able to do this.
Dear Nitro,

If there were such a guarantee...everyone would misuse it. just recite that particular surah...and then never worry anymore for the rest of your life...go party all night long don't go praying anymore...because you already recited the surah and you have the guarantee of heaven...
that would not work would it?

So, there is no such surah...you have to keep believing...praying...choosing the good and stay away from the bad.
We all worry about that day. the best weapon against it is to prepare ourselves for that day as much as we can.

Nitro Zeus
08-11-2018, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
Dear Nitro,

If there were such a guarantee...everyone would misuse it. just recite that particular surah...and then never worry anymore for the rest of your life...go party all night long don't go praying anymore...because you already recited the surah and you have the guarantee of heaven...
that would not work would it?

So, there is no such surah...you have to keep believing...praying...choosing the good and stay away from the bad.
We all worry about that day. the best weapon against it is to prepare ourselves for that day as much as we can.
Voila. I have found it!! Well, not as I wanted. It is chapter Naba. And if you recite it every end of Asr, then you’ll be able to recite this: there’s no God but one God and Muhammad is His prophet at your time of death.

If you don’t believe me, then see this site: https://www.worldpulse.com/en/commun...ba/posts/14858

IslamLife00
08-11-2018, 11:40 PM
Voila. I have found it!! Well, not as I wanted. It is chapter Naba. And if you recite it every end of Asr, then you’ll be able to recite this: there’s no God but one God and Muhammad is His prophet at your time of death.
I've never read that in the Qur'an nor Hadith of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam. But if you want to follow that, it's your choice.

Nitro Zeus
08-14-2018, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
I've never read that in the Qur'an nor Hadith of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam. But if you want to follow that, it's your choice.
Last thing, is that true that if a person is able to say shahada as his last words, then he will also be able to answer all grave questions 100% correctly?

HisServant
08-14-2018, 06:48 PM
There is a saying; the manner in which we lived our lives will be similar to the manner in which will die. Not certain about the source or wording but it makes sense.

Here are some important advises: How to prepare for judgement day

You may have probably been doing these and more, but Alhamdulilah, it never hurts to be over prepared.

Imam Sufyan ibn Sa’id Al Thawri (rahimahullah) would recite the following du’a: “Ya Rabbi, Sallim sallim, Rabbi barik li fil mawti wa fima ba’dal mawt” [O My Rabb! Protect me, O My Rabb! Bless me in death and in the stages after death]
(Musnad Ibnul Ja’d, Hadith: 1796)

HadithAnswers

- - - Updated - - -

Actions that Avert Punishment in the Grave

Imaam ibn Al-Qayyim,

said:
"In general, refraining from what causes punishment in the grave is the best way to avoid being punished. A person must sit for a while before he goes to bed and hold himself accountable for what he gained during that day and what he lost, then renew his sincere repentance to Allah and sleep after having repented, and when he wakes up, be determined not to commit the same sins again. He should do this every night; if he dies that night he would die after having repented, and if he wakes up, he would wake up happy because he was given a respite and given a chance to strive hard in good deeds to make up for what he missed out on. There is nothing better or more beneficial than such a way of going to sleep, especially if he follows this accountability with mentioning Allah and follows the recommendations of Sunnah (Prophetic tradition) on how to go to sleep and supplicate until he falls asleep. The one whom Allah wills good for, He will guide him to doing so."
The Prophet,

informed us about some means which will rescue us from punishment in the grave:
· Salmaan Al-Faarisi, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet,

, said: “Ribaat (guarding the front lines of the Muslim army) for one day is better (in reward) than fasting for a full month and praying during its nights; and the one who dies while in that position will have the reward of the deeds he was doing to continue (until The Day of Resurrection) and he will be saved from the punishment of the grave." [Muslim].
· One of the Companions of the Prophet,

, may Allah be pleased with him, asked the Prophet,

"How come all the people are tried in their graves except for the martyrs?"
He,

replied: “The flashing of the swords over their heads is enough of a trial.”[An-Nasaa’i].
· Al-Miqdaad ibn Ma'd Yakrib, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet,

said: “The martyr has seven qualities which Allah grants him: he will be forgiven with the first drop of his blood, he will see his seat in Paradise, he will be rescued from the punishment of the grave, he will be rescued from the Great Horror (on the Day of Resurrection), he will wear a (special) garment of faith, he will marry seventy two women of Paradise, and he will be allowed to intercede for seventy of his family.”[Ibn Maajah].In another narration he,

said: “The crown of dignity will be placed on his (i.e., the martyr's) head, each corundum (of which) is better than this world and all what it contains; he will have seventy two wives from the ladies of Paradise, and he will be allowed to intercede for seventy of his family.”[At-Tirmithi].
· Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet,

, said: “There is a chapter in the Quran (Al-Mulk) that has thirty verses; it will intercede for the one who continuously recites it, until he is forgiven.” [An-Nasaa’i and Ibn Maajah]. This Hadeeth (narration), and others which carry the same meaning, prove that those who regularly recite chapter Al-Mulk and apply what is in it, will be rescued from the punishment in the grave.
· The Prophet,

said: “The one who dies as a result of a stomach ailment will not be punished in his grave.” [At-Tirmithi]. This reward will be for those who do not despair upon their sickness, but rather persevere through it and hope for the reward from Allah The Almighty.
· The Prophet,

said: “Allah will protect from the trials of the grave, any Muslim who dies on a Friday -- day or night.” [Ahmad].
· Fulfilling piety, Allah The Almighty Says what means: {“Verily, those who say: Our Lord is (only) Allah, and thereafter stand firm (on the Islamic Monotheism), on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.”}[Quran, 46: 13].

http://www.islamweb.net/eramadan/articles/168621/actions-that-avert-punishment-in-the-grave

IslamLife00
08-15-2018, 05:41 AM
Last thing, is that true that if a person is able to say shahada as his last words, then he will also be able to answer all grave questions 100% correctly?
If the dying person's shahada is sincere, truthful, InshaAllah it will answer one question correctly.

About the other questions. If the person doesn't live Islam, can he/she say that Islam is his deen? Can the person say Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam is Messenger of Allah, if he/she ignores the Sunnah of the Prophet?

In the Qur'an, Allah tells believers : obey Allah and His rasool https://quran.com/47/33

And Allah does not burden any soul more than it can bear https://quran.com/2/286

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.