/* */

PDA

View Full Version : riches is self-contentment

azc
08-01-2018, 05:45 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Riches does not mean having a great amount of property, but riches is self-contentment.” [Saheeh Bukhaari]

A group of alumni well established in their careers went to visit one of their old teachers. The conversation soon turned to complaints about stress in life and work. Offering his guests coffee, he went to the kitchen and returned with a big pot and an assortment of mugs; porcelain, plastic, ceramic, bone china - some plain looking, some expensive and exquisite.

When all the students had helped themselves to a cup of coffee, the teacher said, “If you notice, all the nice looking expensive mugs are taken up leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. Each of you wants only the best mug for himself, and that is the source of your problems. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the mug, but you all consciously went for better mugs and are eyeing each other’s mugs. If life is coffee then the jobs, money and position in society are the mugs.”

Each of us has life. Each of us has equal opportunity to earn any level of Jannah. The routes will be different depending on whether you have a handicapped child to care for, piety through starvation to display, or restraint to exhibit from spending your wealth to maintain a high standard of living for yourself. But instead of worrying about what we can earn of Jannah with our lives and Allah’s obedience, we are busy going after nicer mugs.

Foolish people exchange their peace of mind and tranquility of heart to acquire wealth, while wise people exchange their wealth for peace of mind and tranquility of heart. [Sukun-e-Qalb]

Where do hearts find peace?

“Listen, hearts find peace only in the remembrance of Allah.” [Quran: Surah ar-Raad, Ayat 28]

dailyhadith.adaptivesolutions inc.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
08-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Mankind is insolence and competition.
It's the way it's always been.

A few points of my own minds wandering.

1) It's always nice to have good mugs.. for when guests visit.

2) In the end, it does not matter in the slightest.

..Because what they talked about is probably more important than the coffee they drank.

Maybe they talked about a lot and said nothing.

..those were the days.

I'd like a ridiculous, stupid fast, expensive car..

But fortune cookies have already been invented.

I'm completely lost lol, seems to me that choosing the plain white glass is just setting yourself up for a lesser tomorrow.

Have I been mislead? Please do let me know.

Because irl, the answer is everything.

https://quran.com/18/32-44

Unfortunately the man cannot string a sentence together, so be at peace.

The verse 2:268 States that: Satan threatens you with poverty and enjoins you to abomination; and Allah promises you forgiveness from Himself and abundance; and Allah is Ample-giving, All-knowing.

..Maybe I would settle for contentment.

But even after casting away the desire, the fear of transgression and punishment seems permanent..

Maybe one day, talk will be cheap again.

azc
08-02-2018, 05:26 PM
From Abu Huraira, the messenger of Allah – may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- said,

انظروا إلى من هو أسفل منكم ولا تنظروا إلى من هو فوقكم ، فهو أجدر أن لا تزدروا نعمة الله عليكم

“Look at the people beneath you (in wealth and worldly affairs) and do not gaze the ones above you (in this matter). By this, you will not underestimate the bounty of Allah bestowed upon you.”

(Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

Al Ghazali -may Allah have mercy on him- said,

“Satan will forever try to switch men’s gaze to those above him in worldly affairs. Satan will whisper to him, ‘Why don’t you be haste in seeking and gaining wealth, so that you can live prosperously[?]’ But regarding religious matters and the Hereafter, Satan will turn his face to people beneath him (in religious affairs), saying ‘Why do you feel bad and humbled in front of Allah [?]’ That man is still more knowledgeable than you.”

(“Faidul Qadir, 1/573”)

Hazrat Shaikh Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned:

My beloved brothers! Earn a livelihood, as it is the command of Allah Ta‘ala. However, do not allow your heart to be immersed and consumed by your involvement in earning a livelihood. Instead, your heart should rely on Allah Ta‘ala and always be pleased with His taqdeer. In doing so, even if one’s salary is decreased, it will not cause one great anxiety and distress. Make it your habit to always turn to Allah Ta‘ala in du‘aa.

(Suhbat Baa Awliyaa pg. 154)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.