/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hep getting over wife's past...

Stoic
08-03-2018, 01:30 AM
Alhumdulillah we have a less than 5 month old healthy son. The problem is, spontaneously at random times I get thoughts about my wife's history. This was before I met her.

She's had haram relationships before and done grave things buts in the past. Even tho it's past it doesn't seem that far ago like 4 years ago. I realized she didn't pray salat much only here and there before me and ate outside meat too. And this was supposedly after she repented Allahu'alam.

Looking on the bright side since she's been with me tho she has been eating strictly halal and more consistent with her salat Alhumdulillah. I prayed istikhara prayer before marrying her so that's that.

What can I do to stop thinking about the past?

Jzk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Let it go. Otherwise what's the point in marrying her if deep down you don't believe she's suitable?
What is it that bothers you exactly? Are you afraid that she will go back to how she was before? Are you afraid that she has not repented and Allah hasn't forgiven her?

azc
08-03-2018, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
Alhumdulillah we have a less than 5 month old healthy son. The problem is, spontaneously at random times I get thoughts about my wife's history. This was before I met her.

She's had haram relationships before and done grave things buts in the past. Even tho it's past it doesn't seem that far ago like 4 years ago. I realized she didn't pray salat much only here and there before me and ate outside meat too. And this was supposedly after she repented Allahu'alam.

Looking on the bright side since she's been with me tho she has been eating strictly halal and more consistent with her salat Alhumdulillah. I prayed istikhara prayer before marrying her so that's that.

What can I do to stop thinking about the past?

Jzk
When you know that she is a good muslimah now, moreover, you prayed istikhara salah then why you are focussing on her past...?

Forget it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.