/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My wife had a knife thrown at her for no reason

TufaylHussain
08-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Asalamualaikum all, ive reached out to all muslims here on this forum because ive come across a really difficult situation. My wife, a very passionate and strong muslim, has been having to deal with alot of problems, which hurts her to the extent she thinks bad of herself. My wife always dresses modestly. When she goes out, yes shr receives attention from desperate disgusting men, however this is not the problem. Females are giving her nazar, glaring at her and talking about her in such hoirrible ways, they talk amongat themselves whilst staring at her, giving my wife dirty faces for no reason. my wife does nothing but just walks to shops or wherever she needs to go when im not there, but females are giving her a hard time by doing these things, walking past her and whispering horrible things under their breath, calling her dirty words when shes dressed more modestly than them. Today it has gone too far. a Hijabi, yes a hijabi was glaring at my wife when she was at the park with her family. the hijabi walked past my wife and muttered under her breath that 'she will ruin her fun' to which my wife responded who are u talking with and the girl said no one and wondered off. My wife was alone as her younger sister had lost something and she went off looking for it, and a knife had whizzed past her from behind, narrowly missing her ear and eye. when my wife looking back she saw the hijabi hiding behind a tree, nd the girl ran off laughing. This has gone too far. Hate on my wife for absolutely no reason but jealousy i assume, has lead to my wife having a knife thrown at her. what is this? am i right in thinking these girls are jealous? maybe they think she is competition because that is how some girls are, ive noticed it too with other girls that they tend to compete in getting attention from boys. is this nazar? how do i protect her? we make dua against nazar all the time and she reads her dua before going out but it still happens, we have prayed for it not to happen and it still does. this is terrifying because she couldve been severly injured or even killed. it disgusts me how this woman did that to my wife for no reason, i had fully checked with my wife incase maybe she did something that seemed wrong but she didnt realise but no, she hadnt done anything but walk into the park with her family, and go looking for her younger sisters lost item. its not fair on her because she feela uoset that maybe shes the problem and thats why all these giels hate her for no reason. please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Judge justly in Allah's sight, leave what is beyond your reasonable capability to Allah :swt: - and turn away and distance yourself from those who turn away and distance themselves from Allah's message in case what afflicts them afflicts you.

Moroccan
08-05-2018, 08:42 PM
what country are you and your wife from and where do you live?

*charisma*
08-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Walaikum Asalaam

Does she know any of those women?? If a knife is thrown by someone, you should have reported it immediately.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
08-05-2018, 09:31 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

What a strange situation. Yes there can be so called banter and malicious jokes within the Muslim community towards more practising Muslim brothers and sisters but physical aggression??

Does this happen when your wife is alone? Or does it happen when you are with her? If it happens when she is alone i would suggest you try and go out with her insha Allah or she only goes out in the presence of friends or family.

TufaylHussain
08-05-2018, 10:41 PM
sorry i do not want to share info like that brother

- - - Updated - - -

@charisma, no she doesnt know the people, its random women that just see her and suddenly feel random hatred towards her, i feel really upset that people be like that towards her because she hasnt done anything wrong to deserve hate, i understand they may be jealous because yes she is beautiful but shes told me that girls she finds pretty are doing that, my wife told me that the women who threw a knife at her was pretty and had everything and so she had no reason to be jealous, but i know that in these times, females are always competing for attentio even if the other person isnt trying to compete

@BeTheChange , i wouldnt call it banter or malicious jokes as they actually show real hatred towards her, theres been scenarios where shes just gone into a shop to buy something and she heres women behind her saying bad things about her, things such as 'oh look at her she thinks she owns the place' when all my wife has done is walk into a shop and mind her own business, my wife isnt someone to try get attention or act like she owns the place as i said she is very modest mashallah, and yes when she is alone or with female family members, yep even infront of her mother, when im with her nothing ever happens, the odd occassion here and there but not too much because im always looking and watching out

on another note, most of the time she doesnt even notice people are staring and glaring at her because she minds her own business, she only notices when they say something or a family member points it out so it just shows how she doesnt even do anything to provoke them.

jazakhallah for your replies

M.I.A.
08-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Well it's official..

NO FUN ALLOWED!

I agree that it's nazar, but in my experience those things need an open door to reach you.

Simply find and lock the door.

And the voices of discontent and suffering should be left far behind.

We live in times where diligence and steadfastness are greatly needed.
..I for one simply cannot go around dodging knives all the time.

So I admit my own mistakes and don't let them become habits.
Also Muslim on Muslim violence has lead to 90% of violent Muslim deaths since the 1980s.

..probably.

We just love coming back! ...apparently.

Also In the process of learning to speak again without offending anybody.

Anothername
08-06-2018, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TufaylHussain
Asalamualaikum all, ive reached out to all muslims here on this forum because ive come across a really difficult situation. My wife, a very passionate and strong muslim, has been having to deal with alot of problems, which hurts her to the extent she thinks bad of herself. My wife always dresses modestly. When she goes out, yes shr receives attention from desperate disgusting men, however this is not the problem. Females are giving her nazar, glaring at her and talking about her in such hoirrible ways, they talk amongat themselves whilst staring at her, giving my wife dirty faces for no reason. my wife does nothing but just walks to shops or wherever she needs to go when im not there, but females are giving her a hard time by doing these things, walking past her and whispering horrible things under their breath, calling her dirty words when shes dressed more modestly than them. Today it has gone too far. a Hijabi, yes a hijabi was glaring at my wife when she was at the park with her family. the hijabi walked past my wife and muttered under her breath that 'she will ruin her fun' to which my wife responded who are u talking with and the girl said no one and wondered off. My wife was alone as her younger sister had lost something and she went off looking for it, and a knife had whizzed past her from behind, narrowly missing her ear and eye. when my wife looking back she saw the hijabi hiding behind a tree, nd the girl ran off laughing. This has gone too far. Hate on my wife for absolutely no reason but jealousy i assume, has lead to my wife having a knife thrown at her. what is this? am i right in thinking these girls are jealous? maybe they think she is competition because that is how some girls are, ive noticed it too with other girls that they tend to compete in getting attention from boys. is this nazar? how do i protect her? we make dua against nazar all the time and she reads her dua before going out but it still happens, we have prayed for it not to happen and it still does. this is terrifying because she couldve been severly injured or even killed. it disgusts me how this woman did that to my wife for no reason, i had fully checked with my wife incase maybe she did something that seemed wrong but she didnt realise but no, she hadnt done anything but walk into the park with her family, and go looking for her younger sisters lost item. its not fair on her because she feela uoset that maybe shes the problem and thats why all these giels hate her for no reason. please help
:wa:

So, you have some options. 1) Report the incident to the police, if the girl can be identified etc. 2) Move to a different area/locality 3) Within the transition of moving you ought to have your wife keep on guard at all times, go out in a group or with someone trust-worthy, learn self-defense if possible.

It can be more than competition, normal women habits don't lead us to target other women. These 'hijabi' girls may be in gangs, your wife could be a target especially if she has been vocal about certain things that are against the interests of others. Intimidation comes from a place deeper than jealousy. "my wife is a passionate and strong Muslim". There is your problem. I have been targeted too and I'm slightly sorry (not really) for these same individuals who are now faced with backlash from within their own circles, may Allah swt guide you. One thing, I can tell you that may bring some solace, with the number of evil people, jinns/demons, black-magic whatever prevailing in the world; the number of good overwhelmingly also exists even if we don't recognize it always. Whilst doing your prayers for protection, you'll always find events and circumstances changing for your protection and happiness. Just have faith, keep praying and thinking about ways you can act for your family's safety with (and without the help of the police). Where I live, my friend actually carries a weapon in her car and she has two young children. So, you need to do what you have to do. Women these days, need to stay fit, strong; mentally and physically. If your wife was fit; I'm sure she would have been able to run after this girl and confront or give her a good shaking at least to send a warning.

Additionally, she should really stop caring what people think about her, that's her greatest downfall, however, if she's being unfairly obstinate towards others and their rights, she also need to desist.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at this incident which happened a few days ago:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.