/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi women’s football team defies stereotypes

azc
08-06-2018, 04:36 PM
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1351746/sport

Saudi women’s football team defies stereotypes | Arab News
JEDDAH: In the past year, women in Saudi Arabia have been openly participating in various sports. The rising number of female sports enthusiasts and teams is due to social reforms, introduced as part of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 plan, giving women more freedoms. One football team, the United Eagles, comprises 21 women aged 18-22 years. “We formed the team in 2016,” Captain...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
08-06-2018, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1351746/sport

Saudi women’s football team defies stereotypes | Arab News
JEDDAH: In the past year, women in Saudi Arabia have been openly participating in various sports. The rising number of female sports enthusiasts and teams is due to social reforms, introduced as part of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 plan, giving women more freedoms. One football team, the United Eagles, comprises 21 women aged 18-22 years. “We formed the team in 2016,” Captain...
How far do you think before mixed gender will occur in schools and how far do you think that some women will go with niqab, some with hijab and others almost naked as a norm in public areas? How far do you think it will take before a man marrying four wives will be considered hara'am and illegal and punishable by death or jailed? How far do you think before the marriage bill will come where there is alimony and the marriage will be done secular where the wife have right to divorce her husband, she can inherit 50% of her husbands wealth, he have to pay her alimony (like USA, after 10 years he pays her life alimony until she get married again)? When do you think it will be before boy/girlfriend will become the norm. When do you think it will be where false allegation will become the hallmark and the norm in Saudi Arabia and there will be no more punishment for such act and it is considered a form of strength and intelligence?

I am reaching my 40's...I will be fascinated to see all that before my mid 50's or 60's.

azc
08-06-2018, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
How far do you think before mixed gender will occur in schools and how far do you think that some women will go with niqab, some with hijab and others almost naked as a norm in public areas? How far do you think it will take before a man marrying four wives will be considered hara'am and illegal and punishable by death or jailed? How far do you think before the marriage bill will come where there is alimony and the marriage will be done secular where the wife have right to divorce her husband, she can inherit 50% of her husbands wealth, he have to pay her alimony (like USA, after 10 years he pays her life alimony until she get married again)? When do you think it will be before boy/girlfriend will become the norm. When do you think it will be where false allegation will become the hallmark and the norm in Saudi Arabia and there will be no more punishment for such act and it is considered a form of strength and intelligence?

I am reaching my 40's...I will be fascinated to see all that before my mid 50's or 60's.
I don't like this kind of social reform in Saudi Arabia.

Bro, plz don't mind if I ask you... Are you a misogynist..?

Abz2000
08-06-2018, 10:46 PM
The picture displayed on the Arab News website is misleading - the Muslim sports-women actually do cover their modesty.

Attachment 6482

Attachment 6484

Attachment 6483

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xboxisdead
08-07-2018, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
I don't like this kind of social reform in Saudi Arabia.

Bro, plz don't mind if I ask you... Are you a misogynist..?

Actually...I am looking forward for this kind of social reform in Saudi Arabia AHAHAHAHAH!! What I want is a large bucket of popcorn ;D and enjoy the new social reform. Maybe..who knows...there will be something positive that comes out of it. As for your question, I am simply anti-injustice and anti-fassaad. :D

But these changes....it will be interesting. You know...now that I think about it....I don't think these are real changes...these are what Saudi Arabia are doing already in behind scene and everything we saw was fictitious!! What I want to happen in Saudi Arabia is the truth to come out (finally)! I want all their dirt and filth to come out so we can see things for what they are. :D I want to see media tell the truth about how they have gay bars, how they rape and molest, how they do drugs and alcohol and they are not some people walking with hollows on their heads!

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
The picture displayed on the Arab News website is misleading - the Muslim sports-women actually do cover their modesty.

Attachment 6482

Attachment 6484

Attachment 6483
All the attachments are invalid.

Abz2000
08-07-2018, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead

All the attachments are invalid.

https://www.islamicboard.com/attachm...achmentid=6482

https://www.islamicboard.com/attachm...achmentid=6484

https://www.islamicboard.com/attachm...achmentid=6483

Attachment 6499

Attachment 6500

Attachment 6501

image search rawh abdullah female footballer

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.