PDA

View Full Version : Is there polygamy in heaven?



Nashita
08-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Assalamualaikum

As far as I know and have heard, there's one woman made for every man and the other way round there's one man made for every woman. And they meet their true soulmates in this world and if Allah wills they enter heaven together .
There's always been a fact that the ones going to Jannah will have their soulmates . Will there be more than one soulmate ? Can there be more than one soulmate? Basically, my question is - Is there polygamy in Jannah? Like, if a man who has two wives in this world and all three of them do good deeds and follow Islam and if they enter Jannah then will they have different soulmates ? Also, I have heard people saying that you have only one soulmate in Jannah but then why is polygamy acceptable in this duniya?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
magok
08-10-2018, 08:33 PM
yes, there is
Reply

Kiro
08-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Yes, it does exist.

What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.

https://islamqa.info/en/25843
Reply

Nashita
08-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Kiro
Yes, it does exist.

What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.

https://islamqa.info/en/25843
Thanks for the clarification.

The link that you provided can be understood from two perspectives. I am sorry but I agree to the woman who says that it is unfair. The one answering the question doesn't give a logical answer and honestly it's hard to believe something which isn't logical in this generation. I am quoting a portion of the answer -
" Abu Na’eem narrated in-Sifat al-Jannah-from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in-al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.-" This portion makes me feel that women are thought as toys, I don't know what other women will have to say after reading it but I am curious to know .
You're welcome to correct me if I am wrong.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Kiro
08-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nashita
Thanks for the clarification.

The link that you provided can be understood from two perspectives. I am sorry but I agree to the woman who says that it is unfair. The one answering the question doesn't give a logical answer and honestly it's hard to believe something which isn't logical in this generation. I am quoting a portion of the answer -
" Abu Na’eem narrated in-Sifat al-Jannah-from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in-al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.-" This portion makes me feel that women are thought as toys, I don't know what other women will have to say after reading it but I am curious to know .
You're welcome to correct me if I am wrong.
Well these "Women" are not like the "women" on Earth or from Earth.

Humans, both Male and Female were created to worship God on Earth. But The Hoor Al عyn have been created specifically for the man in a affectionate and loving context not in the sense they are toys but in love and respect. So I while I understand where you are coming from, you perhaps cannot use the same logic or compare it with the Hoor because from their perspective, pleasing their husbands is pleasing to them as ultimately they are pleasing Allah by fulfilling their purpose of creation. So from their perspective, they are waiting for their husband and have no problem as they "want" to and they want to be intimate with them.

They are not like Earth women.

Allah knows best.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by magok
yes, there is
Imagine @Serinity 's empire... (this is on topic, it is an inside joke mods).
Reply

Nashita
08-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Kiro
Well these "Women" are not like the "women" on Earth or from Earth.

Humans, both Male and Female were created to worship God on Earth. But The Hoor Al عyn have been created specifically for the man in a affectionate and loving context not in the sense they are toys but in love and respect. So I while I understand where you are coming from, you perhaps cannot use the same logic or compare it with the Hoor because from their perspective, pleasing their husbands is pleasing to them as ultimately they are pleasing Allah by fulfilling their purpose of creation. So from their perspective, they are waiting for their husband and have no problem as they "want" to and they want to be intimate with them.

They are not like Earth women.

Allah knows best.

- - - Updated - - -



Imagine @Serinity 's empire... (this is on topic, it is an inside joke mods).
I am sorry to say this seems like gender discrimination to me.

Well, I lack knowledge on rewards in Jannah for men and women so I need to get the facts correct first. And also understand them properly.

Thank you for your reply.
Reply

Kiro
08-14-2018, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Nashita
I am sorry to say this seems like gender discrimination to me.

Well, I lack knowledge on rewards in Jannah for men and women so I need to get the facts correct first. And also understand them properly.

Thank you for your reply.
I understand your point of view, just remember there is no "gender discrimination" in Jannah and Hoor Al عyn is not the same kind of female of the people of Earth.

But may Allah give you knowledge.
unde
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 03:47 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 04:59 AM
  3. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 12:30 PM
  4. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 09:46 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!