PDA

View Full Version : Wearing a niqab



khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 09:55 AM
I recently got told to wear a niqab and I don't really want to wear one. I have been wearing an abaya and hijab for a long time now everywhere I go, but I've never worn a niqab. I know that we should do ourr best to make Allah happy but is wearing a niqab obligatory, or is an abaya and hijab enough? Or is it totally up to me to decide if I should wear the niqab or not?;);)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
08-15-2018, 10:05 AM
There is a diference in opinion. Which school of thought do you follow?

Common sense will probably guide you to wear one if you feel it is suitable. For example when i visit saudi arabia or pakistan i feel more comfortable wearing one.
Reply

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Personally I dont want to wear one but I'm gonna go to uni soon and that makes people tell me to wear one. I just want to stick to abaya and hijab and even in pakistan I never wore one. But my older sister is planning on wearing one and that is making me have second thoughts.
Reply

Alamgir
08-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by khadeeja.rehan
Personally I dont want to wear one but I'm gonna go to uni soon and that makes people tell me to wear one. I just want to stick to abaya and hijab and even in pakistan I never wore one. But my older sister is planning on wearing one and that is making me have second thoughts.
Asalamu Alaikum

According to most scholars, it is recommended but not obligatory for women to cover their faces and hands, but it is mandatory for them to cover everything else. However, there are still a significant number of scholars who view/viewed it as obligatory for the women to cover their faces and hands as well. Ultimately, you have to make up your mind on who you want to follow. Here is some material on the topic:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=81554

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzAQ0T5FWMQ

https://islamqa.info/en/11774
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Abz2000
08-15-2018, 10:43 AM
It will help ward off unwarranted glimpses and flattering smiles from testosterone loaded males. You might get a few weird stares from aliens, but they're less harmful when considering the bigger scheme of things.
As a male, i can assure you that you are more likely to be able to save your imaan and that of other faithful males if you wear the niqab - since the only thing that will naturally attract a male to you if you wear the niqab is his respect for your purity - and those men are usually safer to know in the long run in comparison to those who mindlessly lose their elevated state chasing after anything that bares flesh to all and sundry.
Keeping higher standards usually means you are more likely to get a man of higher standards if it comes to that - although nobody but Allah :swt: is perfect. The happy-go-lucky "fun" loving types are usually the quick to move on as soon as the going gets rough types, it is the serious types that usually give steady mental peace - and that goes for men and for women.
Nothing other than Allah :swt: , death, ressurection, judgement, paradise, and hell, are certain -so i wouldn't bet on anything else since they are only means.
Reply

BeTheChange
08-15-2018, 12:08 PM
The more fitna there is in a place the more you should be inclined to wear it insha Allah.
Reply

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
The more fitna there is in a place the more you should be inclined to wear it insha Allah.
True:hmm:
Reply

*charisma*
08-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It says that you are in KSA, how will you be getting to university? And I assume your university will not be mixed?
Reply

bint e aisha
08-15-2018, 05:56 PM
http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...akedness-awra/

A Comprehensive Guide to a Woman's Nakedness (awra) - Hanafi Fiqh (Women) - IslamicTeachings.org
QUESTION Please can you explain in detail, what is a woman’s awra (satar) in front of her mahrams, Muslim & non-Muslim women? If you can cover all the different situations, it would be beneficial as many people are confused. ANSWER In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful, The ......
Reply

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

It says that you are in KSA, how will you be getting to university? And I assume your university will not be mixed?
Yea before I was planning to go to Pakistan for uni, but now I'm going here. And by getting to uni do u mean by what form of transport? Then that would be by car.
And yes it's not a mixed uni.
Reply

ChosenTCO
08-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by khadeeja.rehan
Yea before I was planning to go to Pakistan for uni, but now I'm going here. And by getting to uni do u mean by what form of transport? Then that would be by car.
And yes it's not a mixed uni.
If its a non mixed uni, there is no obligation upon you to wear a hijab in the first place. There are no non mahram men to hide your hair let alone your face from.

But obviously its better to wear a hair cover since there are cameras with everyone and lots of girls like to take selfies and all the nonsense :hiding:.
Reply

*charisma*
08-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by khadeeja.rehan
Yea before I was planning to go to Pakistan for uni, but now I'm going here. And by getting to uni do u mean by what form of transport? Then that would be by car.
And yes it's not a mixed uni.
I meant is your family driving you there or do you have a driver? Also which part of KSA are you living? I know in jeddah for example, they are more "open" than other provinces.

Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
If its a non mixed uni, there is no obligation upon you to wear a hijab in the first place. There are no non mahram men to hide your hair let alone your face from.
Well she needs to wear it when she's out :D There's still security, drivers, male parents, and what not around the school. Also it would be easier in KSA than anywhere else in the world to start wearing it if that is the intention. It's not as big of a deal you know? And it's just an extra accessory that is quick to put on. You bring more attention upon yourself when your face is exposed in the areas where niqaab is prominent.
Reply

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
If its a non mixed uni, there is no obligation upon you to wear a hijab in the first place. There are no non mahram men to hide your hair let alone your face from.

But obviously its better to wear a hair cover since there are cameras with everyone and lots of girls like to take selfies and all the nonsense :hiding:.
hahah yeah true tho but I never wore it even in school, it's just for outside. And lol no doubt abt the cameras. Thnx anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by *charisma*
I meant is your family driving you there or do you have a driver? Also which part of KSA are you living? I know in jeddah for example, they are more "open" than other provinces.



Well she needs to wear it when she's out :D There's still security, drivers, male parents, and what not around the school. Also it would be easier in KSA than anywhere else in the world to start wearing it if that is the intention. It's not as big of a deal you know? And it's just an extra accessory that is quick to put on. You bring more attention upon yourself when your face is exposed in the areas where niqaab is prominent.
Oh lol sry, my dad would be dropping me, and the place i live in is jubail(its near dammam in case ur wondering cuz lol not many ppl know abt it.) and thnx for the advice.:D
Reply

ChosenTCO
08-16-2018, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Well she needs to wear it when she's out :D There's still security, drivers, male parents, and what not around the school. Also it would be easier in KSA than anywhere else in the world to start wearing it if that is the intention. It's not as big of a deal you know? And it's just an extra accessory that is quick to put on. You bring more attention upon yourself when your face is exposed in the areas where niqaab is prominent.
Oh, no. Ofc she has to wear it outside the university or home. There are lots of men outside these areas and in public places like you said. I wasnt trying to say that she doesnt need the hijab in public or anything, just that when she is in a place where there are no men around like women only venues, segregated weddings, salons, etc. These are the only places where a women can take off her hijab [everything from hair cover, niqab and even anything with long sleeves]. Whenever she wants to exit these female only gatherings, she should put back on her hijab. Sorry if i wasnt clear about that before. :thumbs_up
Reply

fatim.unnisa
08-16-2018, 04:43 PM
I will tell you onething it is my experience
a niqaab not only covers your face but also your chest.
If you remove niqaab you notice no matter how hard you try the shape of your shoulders, chest area and your face is visible to all and yes someone said it correctly here you will be saved from lustful glances of other males.
Otherwise its your choice

there is one disadvantage too
if you wear niqaab for long time your eyes aches
and head aches and sometimes you feel you do not get enough air to breathe.

Now it`s totally up to you if you ask me
i remove whenever i find that there are no men around or iam inside car and no one can see inside
or whenever i feel hot and suffocated and when men comes i put on again my niqaab.
Reply

khadeeja.rehan
08-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by fatim.unnisa
I will tell you onething it is my experience
a niqaab not only covers your face but also your chest.
If you remove niqaab you notice no matter how hard you try the shape of your shoulders, chest area and your face is visible to all and yes someone said it correctly here you will be saved from lustful glances of other males.
Otherwise its your choice

there is one disadvantage too
if you wear niqaab for long time your eyes aches
and head aches and sometimes you feel you do not get enough air to breathe.

Now it`s totally up to you if you ask me
i remove whenever i find that there are no men around or iam inside car and no one can see inside
or whenever i feel hot and suffocated and when men comes i put on again my niqaab.
oh thank u so much this helped! And yes its ok I have plenty of time to think about it tho. :D
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2016, 03:05 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 01:09 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 11:13 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 03:52 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!