/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy

Aaqib
08-15-2018, 05:49 PM
There is a prestigious school near our location, and its one of the best schools in America. I constantly feel jealous and I hate it but it's extremely hard to move on and get over it. Really need advice this tine akhis and ukhtis.

Assalamualikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-15-2018, 06:38 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

What is it you're jealous of?

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Um... what exactly are u jealous of about this school?

Aaqib
08-15-2018, 07:27 PM
Whoops. Sorry, should've explained lol my bad. Walaikumsalam btw.

I constantly get the thoughts like "these kids have it better than me being in a prestigious school" and "their family are so proud to have them" while I'm here in a school I'm not really fond of and is no where as good as that school. I know everything is given by Allah but it still lurks my mind

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
08-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Whether in a prestigious or a regular school, many students are not fond of school in general :D
Trust me, I've taught in a prestigious school, and kids will struggle and be kids just as any other school. I'd say it may even be worse cuz their parents are snotty, work all the time, and have other people raising their kids for them. And when their kids are doing badly they try their best to bribe teachers to change grades or give extra help.

Do the best with what you have and that is what matters in the end. No one is going to care which school you went to more than how you can apply yourself with the knowledge you've learned. The smartest students are the ones that learn beyond what the classroom teaches, and the most enjoyable ones are those that aren't afraid to communicate, have a good sense of humor, and good manners.

The grass isn't always greener. In the US especially, coming from a cultural background you have people to push you to become better (ie. your parents). There are SOO many students who do not have that support. Sometimes I think that we put obstacles in our way when there is no need to. What's the point of feeling jealous unless it drives you to become better?

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Whoops. Sorry, should've explained lol my bad. Walaikumsalam btw.

I constantly get the thoughts like "these kids have it better than me being in a prestigious school" and "their family are so proud to have them" while I'm here in a school I'm not really fond of and is no where as good as that school. I know everything is given by Allah but it still lurks my mind
oohhh trust me bro I had the same problem at one point. even where I live there was a school that was amazing and i had friends frm there who used to tslk abt stuff going on there and all the events and all, n obv it bothered me since mine wasn't that 'fun'. but u just gotta live with it ya know n of course like u said its all frm Allah so yea must be for the best. I know what its like but trust me once u graduate nothing matters anymore. :D

Aaqib
08-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Thanks sisters. Help is definately appreciated.

fatim.unnisa
08-16-2018, 04:37 PM
You must feel satisfied with whatever Allah has granted you and never think about other things if you see other good things then pray for it`s barakah because everything is given by Allah and every good thing comes from Allah so whoever has it then it is from Allah to them so pray for it`s barakah and do not feel jealous.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.