/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Online friends

khadeeja.rehan
08-15-2018, 07:56 PM
i barely make online friends, just ppl from school or their mutual friends. Long story short, I ended up making a couple of online friends about 2 years ago since we all were in the same fandom. We all talked n stuff but out of all of them, here's one who i still talk to the most. And she's my best friend now. She is a christian from Slovakia, and of course it bothers my parents especially mom who's all like why make online friends when u have so many in real life? I heard that Islam teaches us to be nice to everyone, and its ok since she's a girl and she respects my religion and my nationality. But mow we're so close and she has helped me through some serious cases of depression. I know online friends r wrong when it comes to the opposite gender and when u actually go to the point of meeting them and having a relationship. But if she's just a girl, who may be a christian, but respects me, is it actually dangerous. I've had many christian friends back in school since it was international, but I just need advice. thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-17-2018, 12:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by khadeeja.rehan
i barely make online friends, just ppl from school or their mutual friends. Long story short, I ended up making a couple of online friends about 2 years ago since we all were in the same fandom. We all talked n stuff but out of all of them, here's one who i still talk to the most. And she's my best friend now. She is a christian from Slovakia, and of course it bothers my parents especially mom who's all like why make online friends when u have so many in real life? I heard that Islam teaches us to be nice to everyone, and its ok since she's a girl and she respects my religion and my nationality. But mow we're so close and she has helped me through some serious cases of depression. I know online friends r wrong when it comes to the opposite gender and when u actually go to the point of meeting them and having a relationship. But if she's just a girl, who may be a christian, but respects me, is it actually dangerous. I've had many christian friends back in school since it was international, but I just need advice. thanks.
I think it's fine to have nonMuslim friends so as long as you are not influenced by them negatively or get too attached. And this friend being online, also be wary of giving out personal details/information about yourself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.