/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is woman allowed to fight when she is being oppressed in her in-laws home?

fatim.unnisa
08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Assalaamlaikam,

I have a question
Is woman allowed to fight for her rights when she is being oppressed by her husband and mother-in-law who always threaten to divorce and send her back to her
mother`s home.

Please answer
If yes how she should fight back and what steps to be taken against these oppressing people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
08-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Aleykumsalam

yes you are allowed to use a M-16 and shot everyone in the house :D

sorry just joking..you should preach them Islam..Tell them what the Prophet say and how he acted in such cases..if they still dont understand leave them..dont fight them..

سيف الله
08-16-2018, 07:09 PM
Salaam

This is a tough one, I hesitate to give advice on such a sensitive matter but I'll try to be even handed. Is it possible you can get your family involved? Brothers, uncle, father, extended family etc to talk to your in laws and find a way to resolve the issues you have? Is it possible you can go home so you can get some respite and support until the situation calms down?

Abz2000
08-16-2018, 11:10 PM
It is important to read the Quran, read what is available of the ahadith on divorce, and see where you currently stand in relation to it and where they currently stand in relation to it, and mutually advise each other to good in Allah's sight. Also bear in mind that marriage is a mutual relationship and you cannot force it to work if both people are at major odds with each other.
you may answer if you don't mind my asking, what are the rights which you believe you are being cheated of and why do they not want to hold on to the relationship with you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
08-17-2018, 12:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Can you give examples of the type of treatment she is receiving?? Under what circumstances do they threaten her?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.