/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't like Eid?

Pinky
08-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Honestly I don't enjoy eid, everyone gets stressed with the cooking, and we have to see relatives don't want to see or like much for that matter. They just come for food then they don't bother coming after that. We had 2 close deaths in our family recently and it feels wrong to do eid and I just don't enjoy it. In fact Eid days are more boring than a regular day.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
08-18-2018, 12:39 PM
It is an opportunity to corrrect everything that is going on wrong.

Pinky
08-18-2018, 12:45 PM
It is but it doesn't happen. It should. But doesn't.

anatolian
08-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Solve the problem for why it doesnt and correct it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HisServant
08-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Seems as though you don't like these mentioned situations rather than just Eid. ;) And, I can somewhat relate to those things, which is why sometimes Eid preparations take a week beforehand at the very least. Arranging the house, food, clothing and gifts. All of it takes time rather than done on the day or before. There's always the option of ordering your meal and desserts, rather than cooking or ordering some and doing the rest yourself or with family. Irregardless, all the personal situations you can still enjoy your Eid. Or at least make it somewhat tolerable and Insha'Allah blessings will fall into place. Overcoming grief and healing is one aspect that needs to be looked into.

Probably best to make the time to make Eid (and all other important celebrations, milestones etc) a wonderful memory for either yourself or those around you. The truth is we don't know which one of us will leave this world first. It could be the young, or the old......nobody really knows. And, I am truly certain, we will all want to be remembered lovingly and missed, similarly we would want to treasure those who are still remaining in our lives before it's too late. Aside from this,the first ten day of Dhul Hijja is important as well as the celebration of Eid Ul Adha is truly a significant one.

So, whilst I mentioned somethings are similar; there are those relatives that are kept minimum contact with (very formal and brief exchanges) and those whom I welcome with loving arms and spend much more quality time with. One thing that really helps is remembering that I can never change the hearts or behaviors of others but can always change myself, directing my actions and thoughts not to be harmful but at the same time taking measures to keep harm away.

I really hope you enjoy your Eid in the recommended ways in which it ought to be celebrated. :love:

alfaqir
08-18-2018, 08:35 PM
Appreciate that you have muslim relatives to celebrate with:P For me a typical eid is: go to the eid prayer in the morning, then if i am not in a hurry (it is not a public holiday here) maybe having 1-2 hours of small chit-chat and a coffee/tea with the friends i meet there before we all go to our own business. :P in practice it doesn't differ too much from the friday prayers for me, except it is in the morning and more people attend it.

Abz2000
08-18-2018, 09:43 PM
It doesn't feel like a celebration at all to me recently because of all of the injustice taking place - i think that in this situation it should be a time of weeping our hearts out to Allah :swt: as we ask for His mercy so we feel the gravity of the situation and work to establish justice in Allah's sight.
thinking too much about delicate food and stylish clothes just doesn't feel right - and it's sort of felt like that since the eid which bush chose to hang saddam. This isn't at all like the madinah situation at the time of the Prophet :saws: when the believers were going from strength to strength.
I purposefully didn't buy any new clothes last eid, don't plan to do so this eid, and won't allow any scapegoat qurbani meat into my house inshaaallah :swt: and i'll probably use the qurbani money on handing out fresh fruit to the poor, we need justice, and to work to establish it - not pretended sacrifices that are hardly reaching Allah :swt: as the voices of oppressed men, women, and children cry out in testimony against the people of the earth.
I'm not saying i'm wretchedly miserable - i still try and smile when out or chatting with the children - but special celebrations in this situation feel like a statement of apathy to Allah :swt:

anatolian
08-19-2018, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alfaqir
Appreciate that you have muslim relatives to celebrate with:P For me a typical eid is: go to the eid prayer in the morning, then if i am not in a hurry (it is not a public holiday here) maybe having 1-2 hours of small chit-chat and a coffee/tea with the friends i meet there before we all go to our own business. :P in practice it doesn't differ too much from the friday prayers for me, except it is in the morning and more people attend it.
You can also celebrate it with us here ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!