/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the ideal eid?

Kiro
08-22-2018, 03:19 AM
Person: Brother that is subjecti-

Kiro: Get to work on thread typing *whips*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-22-2018, 12:14 PM
When celebrations are a show of gratitude of Allah's gifts and guidance - which are used to establish justice amongst people, not as worship of the sun and new moons whilst rejecting Allah :swt: and whilst usurping people's God given rights.

In western Christian theology, atonement describes how human beings can be reconciled to God through Christ's sacrificial suffering and death.[1] Atonement refers to the forgiving or pardoning of sin in general and original sin in particular through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus,[2] enabling the reconciliation between God and his creation. Within Christianity there are, historically, three[3] or four[4] main theories for how such atonement might work:

Ransom theory of atonement/Christus Victor (which are different, but generally considered together as Patristic or "classical" theories, to use Gustaf Aulén's nomenclature, it being argued that these were the traditional understandings of the early Church Fathers);
Satisfaction theory of atonement developed by Anselm of Canterbury (called by Aulén the "scholastic" view);
Moral influence theory of atonement, developed by the Enlightenment, which Aulén called the "subjective" or "humanistic" view and considered to have been anticipated—as a critique of the satisfaction view—by Peter Abelard.

Other theories include recapitulation theory, the "shared atonement" theory[5] and scapegoat theory.

Atonement (also atoning, to atone) is the concept of a person taking action to correct previous wrongdoing on their part, either through direct action to undo the consequences of that act, equivalent action to do good for others, or some other expression of feelings of remorse. From the Middle English attone or atoon (“agreed”, literally “at one”), now meaning to be "at one", in harmony, with someone.[1] Atonement "is closely associated to forgiveness, reconciliation, sorrow, remorse, repentance, reparation, and guilt".[2] It can be seen as a necessary step on a path to redemption.[3]

Isaiah 1: 10. Hear the word of the Lord, you rulers of Sodom; listen to the instruction of our God, you people of Gomorrah! 11. "The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?" says the Lord. "I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. 12. When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? 13. Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations— I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. 14. Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. 15. When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood! 16. Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. 17. Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. 18. "Come now, let us settle the matter," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. 19. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land; 20. but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. 21. See how the faithful city has become a prostitute! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her— but now murderers! 22. Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water. 23. Your rulers are rebels, partners with thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them. 24. Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: "Ah! I will vent my wrath on my foes and avenge myself on my enemies. 25. I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities. 26. I will restore your leaders as in days of old, your rulers as at the beginning. Afterward you will be called the City of Righteousness, the Faithful City." 27. Zion will be delivered with justice, her penitent ones with righteousness. 28. But rebels and sinners will both be broken, and those who forsake the Lord will perish. 29. "You will be ashamed because of the sacred oaks in which you have delighted; you will be disgraced because of the gardens that you have chosen. 30. You will be like an oak with fading leaves, like a garden without water. 31. The mighty man will become tinder and his work a spark; both will burn together, with no one to quench the fire."

Matthew 5: 23. "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24. leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift. 25. "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Matthew 23: 16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.' 17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18. You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.' 19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20. Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21. And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22. And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it. 23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. 25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. 27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. 29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30. And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started! 33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation. 37. "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38. Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

1. This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2. "Stand at the gate of the Lord's house and there proclaim this message: "'Hear the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord. 3. This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place. 4. Do not trust in deceptive words and say, "This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord!" 5. If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, 6. if you do not oppress the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, 7. then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your ancestors for ever and ever. 8. But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless. 9. "'Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known, 10. and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"—safe to do all these detestable things? 11. Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the Lord.

12. "'Go now to the place in Shiloh where I first made a dwelling for my Name, and see what I did to it because of the wickedness of my people Israel. 13. While you were doing all these things, declares the Lord, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you, but you did not answer. 14. Therefore, what I did to Shiloh I will now do to the house that bears my Name, the temple you trust in, the place I gave to you and your ancestors. 15. I will thrust you from my presence, just as I did all your fellow Israelites, the people of Ephraim.' 16. "So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you. 17. Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18. The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes to offer to the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to arouse my anger. 19. But am I the one they are provoking? declares the Lord. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame? 20. "'Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: My anger and my wrath will be poured out on this place—on man and beast, on the trees of the field and on the crops of your land—and it will burn and not be quenched. 21. "'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Go ahead, add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices and eat the meat yourselves!

22. For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, 23. but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.

24. But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward. 25. From the time your ancestors left Egypt until now, day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets. 26. But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their ancestors.' 27. "When you tell them all this, they will not listen to you; when you call to them, they will not answer. 28. Therefore say to them, 'This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips. 29. "'Cut off your hair and throw it away; take up a lament on the barren heights, for the Lord has rejected and abandoned this generation that is under his wrath.

From Jeremiah 7

30. Such (is the Pilgrimage): whoever honours the sacred rites of Allah, for him it is good in the Sight of his Lord. Lawful to you (for food in Pilgrimage) are cattle, except those mentioned to you (as exception): but shun the abomination of idols, and shun the word that is false,-

31. Being true in faith to Allah, and never assigning partners to Him: if anyone assigns partners to Allah, is as if he had fallen from heaven and been snatched up by birds, or the wind had swooped (like a bird on its prey) and thrown him into a far- distant place.

32. Such (is his state): and whoever holds in honour the symbols of Allah, (in the sacrifice of animals), such (honour) should come truly from piety of heart.

33. In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: in the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House.

34. To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your Allah is One Allah. submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-

35. To those whose hearts when Allah is mentioned, are filled with fear, who show patient perseverance over their afflictions, keep up regular prayer, and spend (in charity) out of what We have bestowed upon them.

36. The sacrificial camels we have made for you as among the symbols from Allah. in them is (much) good for you: then pronounce the name of Allah over them as they line up (for sacrifice): when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat ye thereof, and feed such as (beg not but) live in contentment, and such as beg with due humility: thus have We made animals subject to you, that ye may be grateful.

37. It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah. it is your piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for His Guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do right.

38. Verily Allah will defend (from ill) those who believe: verily, Allah loveth not any that is a traitor to faith, or show ingratitude.

39. To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;-

40. (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, "our Lord is Allah.. Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).

41. (They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs.

From Quran, Chapter 22

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.