/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Purifying home from previous tenant's dog trace? Please help.

simms
08-25-2018, 04:23 AM
Assalam Alaikum,
I will be renting a place that's previous tenant has at least one dog. I am very concerned about the najasa aspect and how to purify the home that it is causing me great stress. No, there was no option of finding rent with no dogs previously. How do I go about Islamically to purify it from any traces of najasa from the dog(s)? How do I purify the fridge? Tiles? What about the cabinets? Dryer and washer? Dishwasher? Carpet? Closet? Bathroom? Walls? How do I go about disinfecting and purifying all these areas? Is it different than regular cleaning since a dog lived there and used all those areas and possibly even urinated in carpet/other areas? I really need to use the washer in it as soon as I get there because we don't have any washer and dryer in our current place. Do I really need to clean the washer by turning it on with soap seven times? Or is there a easier way to go about purifying the washer and the rest of the areas?
Anyone with this problem before, please help. I don't want to be concerned about not having my prayers accepted and being afraid of losing my wudu when touching cabinets, walls, fridge, etc.
May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-25-2018, 07:05 AM
Walaikum Assalaam

The only part of a dog that is considered impure is its saliva. Unless you know for certain that some places have saliva on them then purify those areas specifically by washing them seven times, including once with soil. If not, just clean your house well for the sake of just having it clean. There's no blame on you for what you don't know and since you didn't live with the previous tenant, then you won't know what areas are actually impure, if any.

Also this may be helpful: click

eesa the kiwi
08-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

I think you are over thinking this

simms
08-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Assalam Alaikum, Charisma
Thank you very much for the help! I will check out the link, too.

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Assalaam

The only part of a dog that is considered impure is its saliva. Unless you know for certain that some places have saliva on them then purify those areas specifically by washing them seven times, including once with soil. If not, just clean your house well for the sake of just having it clean. There's no blame on you for what you don't know and since you didn't live with the previous tenant, then you won't know what areas are actually impure, if any.

Also this may be helpful: click

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
simms
08-25-2018, 02:40 PM
Maybe I am overthinking, but I'd like to always be on the safe side, especially when it comes to prayer. Thanks.

format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

I think you are over thinking this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.