PDA

View Full Version : The War on The Arabic Language

JustTime
08-28-2018, 04:28 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
08-28-2018, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JustTime

Isn't it usually the mom first then after the dads who push their children to learn English and to become Westernized because they believe that is the success of their children in this world? Isn't that what the parents want? To speak English fluently and become Westernized? If you are Westernized you are a winner if you speak Arabic and don't speak English and you are from middle East you are a loser. A failure. Pathetic. Isn't that what we teach our kids? Don't we look up at the kuffar as our role model and the not the prophet peace be upon him.

Tell me if I am wrong. While we push our children to be Westernized the one group of people who make me go envy are the Pakistani people and people from that area. THEY ACTUALLY PRACTICE ISLAM better than 90% of all the Arabs out there. They actually want their children to learn Arabic. THEY WANT IT. While we Arabs want our children to learn any language but Arabic. How many Arabs actually raise their head high that they speak Arabic? ......

Hmmm...silence? ^o)^o) Why is no one speaking? I am no different. I am from the group of people who have lost my ability to speak Arabic well. I spend 96% off the time speak only English. I am comfortable that way. I do not even go out of my way to learn Arabic.

Abz2000
08-28-2018, 05:41 AM
I've started them learning Arabic at a young age so it's easier for them than it was for me - they're getting the hang of it mashaAllah:

Four of these were born in England - and they learn English as a foreign language :)

Alamgir
08-28-2018, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Tell me if I am wrong. While we push our children to be Westernized the one group of people who make me go envy are the Pakistani people and people from that area. THEY ACTUALLY PRACTICE ISLAM better than 90% of all the Arabs out there. They actually want their children to learn Arabic. THEY WANT IT. While we Arabs want our children to learn any language but Arabic. How many Arabs actually raise their head high that they speak Arabic?
Asalamu Alaikum

You're wrong lol.

Pakistanis (and ajami's in general) are usually just as irreligious as our Arab counterparts, and only the religious people among us have any desire to learn Arabic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-28-2018, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Khorasani
Asalamu Alaikum

You're wrong lol.

Pakistanis (and ajami's in general) are usually just as irreligious as our Arab counterparts, and only the religious people among us have any desire to learn Arabic.
They've generally still come a long way in depth and understanding from the colonial days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-4id1nmVys#

Alamgir
08-28-2018, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
They've generally still come a long way in depth and understanding from the colonial days
Not really, in fact, we seem to have gone backwards. You will now find statues littered all over Pakistan, and Hindustani influence is creeping in.

anatolian
08-28-2018, 05:49 PM
The title is an exegeration. I dont think there is a “war” on Arabic. People are but neglecting including me :(

I have another question for Arabic sspeakers.. Can modern Arabic speaking people understand Quran without studying the Quranic Arabic?

anatolian
08-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Is it possible to adopt Arabic as the “lingua franca” of muslims?

JustTime
08-30-2018, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Is it possible to adopt Arabic as the “lingua franca” of muslims?

Insha'Allah wa Bidhnillah Ta'ala

Alamgir
08-31-2018, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I have another question for Arabic sspeakers.. Can modern Arabic speaking people understand Quran without studying the Quranic Arabic?
Asalamu Alaikum

Fus'ha is pretty similar to Quranic Arabic AFAIK.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.