/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did The Prophets Sin?

TinyMess
08-29-2018, 02:20 AM
Assalamualaikum [emoji846]
This question seems simple enough, yet I haven’t been able to find anyone who can answer it clearly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
08-29-2018, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TinyMess
Assalamualaikum [emoji846]
This question seems simple enough, yet I haven’t been able to find anyone who can answer it clearly.
Noo because they are ma'soom

Ümit
08-29-2018, 05:50 AM
NO, none of the prophets sinned...ever!!

Yes, prophets do make mistakes...because in the end, they are also only human just like us...but every mistake they ever made was corrected right away.

to give you an example:

When Yusuf as got jailed, he asked a fellow prisoner who got released to tell Firaun about him, in hope Firaun would rescue him from prison...instead of asking Allah (a much much more powerfull being) which is why he spent so much time in jail.

For us, this is just a minor mistake, if it can be called a mistake at all...

فصيح الياسين
08-29-2018, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
NO, none of the prophets sinned...ever!!

Yes, prophets do make mistakes...because in the end, they are also only human just like us...but every mistake they ever made was corrected right away.

to give you an example:

When Yusuf as got jailed, he asked a fellow prisoner who got released to tell Firaun about him, in hope Firaun would rescue him from prison...instead of asking Allah (a much much more powerfull being) which is why he spent so much time in jail.

For us, this is just a minor mistake, if it can be called a mistake at all...
Scholars do say tht it looks like mistake to us but they choose hassan instead of ahsan
Or simply means good they choose instead of best.
Like in badr imprisonment choose over beheading

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
08-29-2018, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
Scholars do say tht it looks like mistake to us but they choose hassan instead of ahsan
Hello,
I did not understand your reaction. please elaborate what you mean.

فصيح الياسين
08-29-2018, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
Hello,
I did not understand your reaction. please elaborate what you mean.
More description of ur words

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Ümit
08-29-2018, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
OK, so if I understand your post, then you are saying that scholars do not see that as a mistake.
They see it as "good" which is OK but not as good as "best". If you have the options "good" and "best"...then the actions of the prophets usually can be categorized as "best"...but occasionally in case of such "mistake" it is categorized as "good".

I think that is just a matter of definition and wording, but I understand the scholars prefer this way and want to avoid to call those actions as "mistakes".

But also look at it this way...if you had the chance to ask our beloved prophet Yusuf as whether he sees his request from firaun to help him instead of asking Allah...He probably will burst into tears and still ask for Allah's forgiveness over and over again.

beleiver
08-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Why did the Prophet pray every night for Allah to forgive his sins, the ones he committed in the past, his future sins, the sins that were public and the sins that were concealed?

All humans commit sin...

space
08-29-2018, 12:27 PM
sins of the prophets sounds like an oxymoron. The prophets might have made some mistakes in their life, but sins? No way.. I'm not sure they've ever had sins, otherwise Allah swt would have never chosen them and would never allow them to spread monotheism

Ümit
08-30-2018, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by beleiver
Why did the Prophet pray every night for Allah to forgive his sins, the ones he committed in the past, his future sins, the sins that were public and the sins that were concealed?

All humans commit sin...

format_quote Originally Posted by space
sins of the prophets sounds like an oxymoron. The prophets might have made some mistakes in their life, but sins? No way.. I'm not sure they've ever had sins, otherwise Allah swt would have never chosen them and would never allow them to spread monotheism
In my opinion, the difference between a mistake and a sin is that both of them include doing, saying or acting wrong...but a sin is doing that deliberately (actively chosen to do so) and a mistake is doing that non deliberately, because you did not know, realize at that moment or somehow forgot that it was wrong.

Yes, even prophets are just humans and in an unguarded second, even the prophets can be tricked by shaytaan.
That is why they can make mistakes (in our eyes just small unsignificant mistakes, but in their eyes big mistakes because they strive to be the best...to give the best possible example). In no way they would deliberately choose to do wrong which would be sinning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.