/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying then remembering forgot to repent for a sin?

cinnamonrolls1
09-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Salaam all
So i went and prayed duhr and asr today, and i was doing a two rakat after wards to ask Allah to forgive me any sins made in prayer efc. I remembered the sin whilst doing the two rakat after that and then remembered i kinsa forgot to repent. Is my salah still valid since i forgot?? If you ask me i would say i feel sorry abt the sin and do feel bad.

Im kinda confused.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shamnadanu
09-02-2018, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Salaam all
So i went and prayed duhr and asr today, and i was doing a two rakat after wards to ask Allah to forgive me any sins made in prayer efc. I remembered the sin whilst doing the two rakat after that and then remembered i kinsa forgot to repent. Is my salah still valid since i forgot?? If you ask me i would say i feel sorry abt the sin and do feel bad.

Im kinda confused.
U making us confused!

HisServant
09-02-2018, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Salaam all

Im kinda confused.
:wa:

Some of the conditions for repentance includes:

1. Sincerity when seeking forgiveness/remorse
2. Avoiding those things which leads back to the sins
3. Having faith that Allah who is Most Merciful will forgive you for the sin/s
4. Never be too harsh with yourself, everyone commits sins
5. Repentance is accepted until the sun rises from the west
6. If it involves the rights of others, return those rights/fulfill those
https://islamqa.info/en/46683

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Shamnadanu
U making us confused!
I think she is referring towards the 2 rakaats of Tawbah salaah. She prayed it with the intention of seeking forgiveness but then forgot to make the duas for the sins. If this is the case then she has fulfilled the aspect required for repentance. If it's something other, then i'm not sure. I guess OP, you can always re-do it properly?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.