/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Creation of the earth

nimaaa
09-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Does the quran say that the earth was created first? I'm a bit confused ^o)^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
09-04-2018, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimaaa
Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

Created before what?

nimaaa
09-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Salam
Well, the translation of the Quran states that it was created before the heavens. I'm not sure whether heavens is being referred to paradise or the 'heavens' as in the sky.
Sorry, I don't speak Arabic :(

eesa the kiwi
09-04-2018, 07:19 AM
Salam
Well, the translation of the Quran states that it was created before the heavens. I'm not sure whether heavens is being referred to paradise or the 'heavens' as in the sky.
Sorry, I don't speak Arabic :(
Can you post the verse? Im by no means a scholar of quran but InshaAllah someone else here will be able to help you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nimaaa
09-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Thanks, it's surat fussilat. I've heard the word 'thumma' can mean 'simultaneously', meaning it probably formed at the same time, but I'm still confused about the concept of the heavens.

9-Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds."

10-And He placed on the earth firmly set mountains over its surface, and He blessed it and determined therein its [creatures'] sustenance in four days without distinction - for [the information] of those who ask.

11-Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke and said to it and to the earth, "Come [into being], willingly or by compulsion." They said, "We have come willingly."

12-And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

Ümit
09-04-2018, 07:55 AM
Perhaps an idea to investigate what exactly is meant with "heavens". even if it means "the sky"...where does the sky start and where does it end? is it only the atmosphere of the Earth or the entire universe?
All questions which need to be answered before you can understand the verse correctly.

Studentofdeed
09-08-2018, 01:53 AM
I am not sure. But from my opinion i think Allah (SWT) created heaven and hell. Then earth then the creations.

Alamgir
09-08-2018, 05:14 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

No.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.