/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question regarding Al-azhar university prerequisites

nimaaa
09-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Salaam,
I have a few questions for anyone who's studied at al-Azhar regarding the requirements of getting into al-Azhar University in Cairo, specifically the study of hadith sciences.
1- Do you need to be fluent in Arabic?
2-how much of the Quran do you need to have memorised?

I don't know the exact courses they have, because the website isn't working. I was also wondering if they have graduate courses, as in, if you haven't had the chance to do undergrad, so basically new to hadith sciences? I'm studying medicine next year at a university in Australia, so I can't do undergrad al-Azhar unfortunately unless they have medicine/science courses there too:D. I dunno, I have NO idea about the education system in Egypt.

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
onnanoko
09-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Alaikum salam,
I don't know the requirements of getting into the Hadith Sciences course, but I know there are medicine/science courses too.
The website is working, I just entered :) (http://www.azhar.edu.eg/en/)

JustTime
09-05-2018, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimaaa
Salaam,
I have a few questions for anyone who's studied at al-Azhar regarding the requirements of getting into al-Azhar University in Cairo, specifically the study of hadith sciences.
1- Do you need to be fluent in Arabic?
2-how much of the Quran do you need to have memorised?

I don't know the exact courses they have, because the website isn't working. I was also wondering if they have graduate courses, as in, if you haven't had the chance to do undergrad, so basically new to hadith sciences? I'm studying medicine next year at a university in Australia, so I can't do undergrad al-Azhar unfortunately unless they have medicine/science courses there too:D. I dunno, I have NO idea about the education system in Egypt.

Thanks!
Don't go there al-Azhar is run by jahils

onnanoko
09-05-2018, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JustTime
Don't go there al-Azhar is run by jahils
How do you know that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nimaaa
09-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Theyr'e run by ahlul sunnah wa'jamaah

nimaaa
09-06-2018, 01:15 AM
thank you! May Allah reward you

JustTime
09-06-2018, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by onnanoko
How do you know that?
Their "scholars" are renowned for political fatwas, bidah and much more.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.