/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turning away from His rememberance.

ameerkam
09-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Salaam

A query about this Quran verse:
And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."

Is this meant literally? I’ve heard of other parts of the Quran not being taken entirely literally but perhaps metaphorically or in a certain context it means what it means. I’m asking this because a lot of people turn away from God and immerse themselves in sin and seem to be enjoying themselves by doing it. Of course I can’t confirm anything, only God knows.

Jazzakallahu Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
09-05-2018, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

A query about this Quran verse:
And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."

Is this meant literally? I’ve heard of other parts of the Quran not being taken entirely literally but perhaps metaphorically or in a certain context it means what it means. I’m asking this because a lot of people turn away from God and immerse themselves in sin and seem to be enjoying themselves by doing it. Of course I can’t confirm anything, only God knows.

Jazzakallahu Khair.
The arabic word used is "duanka" which means narrow - wretched - straitened

Ta Ha 20:124

وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِى فَإِنَّ لَهُۥ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكًا وَنَحْشُرُهُۥ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ أَعْمَىٰ

"But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment."

---

When considering the vastness that Allah :swt: opens up to the one who takes justice in Allah's sight with the beginning of creation to the day of judgement and beyond into his/her stride and thinks and lives accordingly - it makes better sense. Simply compare it to the narrow mindset of a capitalist or racist or an idolator and it should be obvious.

ameerkam
09-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Thank you! This has made it more clear now!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.