/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of feeding the poor

urkahnkhan
09-12-2018, 03:49 AM
Doing this deed may become what grants you Jannah and Insha-allah what will remove your worldly problems please due hasten for good so that good may come your way in return. I have seen alot of people in this forum having issues that includes also me for we are all humans at the end of the day but this indeed will insha-allah set us all free. PLEASE LETS HASTEN TOWARDS IT! in Hope that Allah may be pleased with us and indeed we will find his pleasure in this simple act.

Advise: find a poor family in some of the poor countries and provide them with 100 or 200 dollars at a time and do it what is in your ability and please verify that the chosen family is actully poor and in need of help and do not trust charity organizations as I myself don't do but it's best you find these people yourself and provide for them secretly of what you can send may it even be you pay them ones. This is not a group collection but something you need to do individually and privately. This is a path to Jannah without a question and one that perhaps may ease your life and religion. Search for this family like you would search for a job privately and give them from time to time believe me they could be the best thing ever happened to you both in this life and the herafter.

The Excellence of Feeding people

In Islam, feeding people carries great virtues as can be seen from Qur’an and Hadith.Ahadith mention that feeding people is among the best aspects of Islam.
— Qur’an mentions feeding people as a quality of those who love Almighty Allah :

Verse #1

And they give (their own) food, in deep love of Allah, to the needy, the orphan and prisoner (out of sacrifice, despite their own desire and need for it),
(And say ‘We are feeding you only to please Allah. We do not seek any recompense from you nor (wish for) any thanks.►{Surah Al- Insan Chapter 76: Verse 8-9}

— Not feeding the poor is a bad quality as can be seen from the following verses:

Verse #1

But (so is) man that when his Lord tests him (by providing him pleasure and comfort) and honours him and gives him bounties, he says: ‘My Lord has honoured me.’
But when He tries him (by afflicting pain and discomfort) and limits his means of sustenance, he says: ‘My Lord has humiliated me.’
No indeed! But (the truth is that after you gain honour and good fortune) you do not give honour and care to orphans.
Nor do you inspire one another (in society) to promote feeding the destitute (the poor and the needy).
You lay hand on the inherited wealth and devour it (yourselves and do not pay the poverty-stricken their due).
►{Chapter 89 Surah Al-Fajr : Verse 15-19}

Verse #2

(They) will be in Gardens and will be asking one another,About the evildoers.

(And they will say ‘What has brought you into Hell?’
They will say: ‘We were not of those who used to offer Prayers.
Nor did we feed the poor.
And we indulged in vain activities with those who had cast themselves into vain activities.
And we rejected the Day of Reward and Punishment,
Until that (death) came upon us which was certain to come.’
So (now) intercession of the intercessors will not be of any benefit to them.

►{Surah Al-Muddaththir Chapter 74: 40-48}

The Excellence of Feeding people from Hadith

Hadith#1

Hazrat Abu Hurayra(Radiyallahu Anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,said,

“Allah says: ‘I asked you for food and you did not feed Me. “
He (His slave) will say, ‘Lord,how could I feed You when You did not ask me for food and You are the Lord of the universe?’
He will say,‘Do you not know that My slave so-and-so asked you for food and you did not feed him? Do you not know that if you had fed him,
you would have found that action with Me?……►{Reported by Imam Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Hadith #517}

Hadith #2

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “Worship the All-Merciful and feed people.

Make the greeting common practiceamong you and you will enter the Garden.” ►{Reported by Imam Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Hadith #981}

Hadith #3

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr(Radiyallahu Anhu) said, “A man asked the Prophet(Peace be upon him), ‘Which aspect of Islam is best?‘

He said, ‘FEEDING PEOPLE and greeting those you know and those you do not know.'”►{Sahih Bukhari,Kitab Al-Iman,Hadith #12}

Hadith #4

In a hadeeth reported by Abu Moosa Ash’ari (Radiyallahu anhu), The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said ,FEED THE HUNGRY, visit the sick and free the captives”

►{ Narrated by Imam Bukhari }

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.