/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If a Muslim ask from God to forgive his disbeliever parents while they are alive, wil

Nitro Zeus
09-12-2018, 05:37 PM
I’m asking this because, when I asked a favor from my Christian mother to just repeat after me “there’s no god but God and Muhammad is His Messenger”, and then she repeated, but then she practiced again Christianity and I started to feel like she is not coming back again to Islam.

Should I ask God To not mind her and To treat her as a believer and to admit her to Paradise just as forgiveness? Or, am I even allowed to ask this from God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
09-12-2018, 06:09 PM
There is a special case for christians , jews and sabeans (followers of Yahya aleyhissalam) as if they truely follow their religions without any shirk they will enter Jannah as per Quran. Apart from this everything is dependant on the mercy of Allah.

Nitro Zeus
09-12-2018, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
There is a special case for christians , jews and sabeans (followers of Yahya aleyhissalam) as if they truely follow their religions without any shirk they will enter Jannah as per Quran. Apart from this everything is dependant on the mercy of Allah.
Is that message applies to these people before prophet Muhammad was born? My Christian mother no longer believes that Jesus is truly God’s son, but she told me that it is His spiritual son, and when I heard that Dr. Zakir Naik Said about this, he said that “son of god” means that you’re God’s follower, Creator’s follower. And my Christian grandfather died few years ago, and still miss him, I really wish I could pray for his forgiveness. Because he was kind and just and he tried all the best to do many good deeds.

HisServant
09-15-2018, 06:01 AM
:sl:

Allah swt does not share His essence, powers or attributes and such to anyone else, whether from descendants(sons, daughters) or ascension (Father/Mother). Hence, saying spiritual son would not be correct. It would be better were she to refrain from saying such a thing. Also, habits and beliefs are sometimes very difficult to change and at various times one may say something/resort towards a thinking or practice without the intention of it's meaning. So, do try and correct her in this way - teach the correct meaning. Insha'Allah you will be rewarded for patience and assisting her to the truth.

In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Say, “He is God, the One.
2. God, the Absolute.
3. He begets not, nor was He begotten.
4. And there is none comparable to Him.”

- Quran 112

He was not begotten (no lineages in spirituality, attributes etc. no sharing of characteristics and power). As for praying, I do know that good treatment towards parents whether Muslims or non-Muslims is required. So, perhaps pray for her well-being and to die in faith. ..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
09-15-2018, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuri

Allah swt does not share His essence, powers or attributes and such to anyone else, whether from descendants(sons, daughters) or ascension (Father/Mother). Hence, saying spiritual son would not be correct. It would be better were she to refrain from saying such a thing. Also, habits and beliefs are sometimes very difficult to change and at various times one may say something/resort towards a thinking or practice without the intention of it's meaning. So, do try and correct her in this way - teach the correct meaning. Insha'Allah you will be rewarded for patience and assisting her to the truth.

In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Say, “He is God, the One.
2. God, the Absolute.
3. He begets not, nor was He begotten.
4. And there is none comparable to Him.”

- Quran 112

He was not begotten (no lineages in spirituality, attributes etc. no sharing of characteristics and power). As for praying, I do know that good treatment towards parents whether Muslims or non-Muslims is required. So, perhaps pray for her well-being and to die in faith. ..
I don’t know, I’m afraid she might reject what I’m trying to tell her and then later, if it happens to her something bad, it will be my mistake and I’ll feel terrible bad. I prefer to let God guide her, To Make her ask questions about Islam so that she may discover herself. What is essence? Is that true that if my Christian grandfather who heard just the name “Islam” but didn’t even thought that it is the original religion of mankind, and then he was just, he did many good things and many other good things, will my grandfather be put in Paradise for this? What should I do? Should I pray for his forgiveness? Because, I really wish I can meat him and my mother and whole family in Paradise.

IslamLife00
09-16-2018, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I’m asking this because, when I asked a favor from my Christian mother to just repeat after me “there’s no god but God and Muhammad is His Messenger”, and then she repeated, but then she practiced again Christianity and I started to feel like she is not coming back again to Islam.

Should I ask God To not mind her and To treat her as a believer and to admit her to Paradise just as forgiveness? Or, am I even allowed to ask this from God?
You can make dua asking Allah to guide her to Islam

HisServant
09-16-2018, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I don’t know, I’m afraid she might reject what I’m trying to tell her and then later, if it happens to her something bad, it will be my mistake and I’ll feel terrible bad. I prefer to let God guide her, To Make her ask questions about Islam so that she may discover herself. What is essence? Is that true that if my Christian grandfather who heard just the name “Islam” but didn’t even thought that it is the original religion of mankind, and then he was just, he did many good things and many other good things, will my grandfather be put in Paradise for this? What should I do? Should I pray for his forgiveness? Because, I really wish I can meat him and my mother and whole family in Paradise.

Yes, I understand what is meant. But this is a wrong concept that Jesus pbuh is the spiritual son of God. To keep stating spiritual son of God would indicate that our creator has shared His divinity with us, so we are now all His spiritual sons and daughters (inheritance). This can lead to problems whereby in Islam we are His servants/ibaadis.

Allah swt without doubt has chosen some over others with special favors and miracles (prophets, saints, righteous). These prophets are sent by Allah to guide us towards Him. The power and authority that have been bestowed cannot be comparable with the power and authority of Allah. For instance, in the Quran, Allah has told us in many places to "obey Allah and obey Prophet Muhammad" pbuh. This does not mean that they are both on equal authority/power, what it indicates rather is the high level of importance and high value of the authority Allah has given to Prophet Muhammad pbuh. And, we also know that Allah has in the mirage/ascension of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh given him leadership over all the prophets, whereupon he lead them all in prayer.

"Ibn Kathir (Allah have mercy on him) narrates a hadith, “Then I left and it was not more than a little while when a lot of people gathered, and someone called for the prayer and the prayer was established.” He (the Prophet ) continued, “So we stood in lines waiting for someone to come and lead us, then Jibra’il took my hand and asked me to lead the prayer, and I did. After the end of the prayer Jibra’il asked me, ‘O Muhammad, do you know who prayed behind you?’ I said, ‘No’. He said, ‘Every Prophet sent by Allah swt prayed behind you.’ Then Jibra’il took my hand and we ascended to heaven.”

If, she rejects what is being said you would have done your part. But it is really conflicting with her belief previously that she does believe that Jesus is not God, but now a son of God. If, one were to say that it seems that person is still falling into error.

The essence of God can be understood in His attributes. - He is the first and the last, the uncomparable one, the owner of all, the all encompassing. etc

Our belonging to Him doesn't mean we are part of Him or share in His divinity. The power and authority given to some elevates them over others. Without diminishing or increasing Allah's essence.

Allah knows best,

- - - Updated - - -

You can pray for those who are still alive to be guided and make attempts to correct them. Nothing more is required as our duty. Each soul will be accountable for what has been earned and rewarded justly. Keep in reminder that all things and persons are easily replaceable in this life. If we both and us all were to die, it's an easy matter for God to create another set of humans and jinns/creation to worship and serve Him. Those who die without accepting Islam after it was presented to them with the best of manners, efforts and certain knowledge they only have themselves to be blamed.

Allah knows the hearts, circumstances and intellect of everyone of His servants best.

One example of this is the prophet's uncle.

Imam Bukhari relates a hadith in his Sahih:Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyib narrates from his father: “When the time of the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah’s messenger (S) went to him and found Abu Jahl ibn Hisham and ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah ibn al-Mughira by his side. Allah’s messenger (S) said to Abu Talib: “O uncle! Say: There is none worthy of worship besides Allah, a sentence with which I shall be a witness for you before Allah” Abu Jahl and ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah said, “O Abu Talib! Are you going to denounce the religion of Abdul Muttalib?” Allah’s messenger (S) kept on inviting Abu Talib to say it (i.e. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah) while they (Abu Jahl and Abdullah) kept on repeating their statement untill Abu Talib said as his last statement that he was on the religion of Abdul Muttalib and refused to say, There is none worthy of worship besides Allah.’ Then Allah’s messenger (S) said, “I will keep on asking Allah’s forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so.”

(Sahih al-Bukhari no:4399 and Sahih Muslim no:35)
Thereafter the verse of the Holy Qur’an was revealed:
“It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the fire.”

(Al-Qur’an 9:113 Surah al-Tawbah)

With regards to Abu Talib being a Muslim or not, the muhadditheen (commentators of hadith) are of two opinions. The vast majority are of the opinion that he did not accept Islam. The above-mentioned hadiths and verses of the Holy Quran in relation to them suggest and support this opinion. However, the remaining muhadditheen argue that at the time of his death he was found to be murmuring something which was not audible. ‘Allamah Shibli No’mani states on the authority of Ibn Ishaq that at the time of Abu Talibs death his lips were moving. Hadhrat Abbas (R) (who was a non-believer at that time) put his ear next to Abu Talib and informed the Prophet (S) that he was saying the words which he, Prophet (S) had instructed Abu Talib to say, i.e. the shahadah.(Seerat al-Nabi vol:1 pg:157)

Personally, I am inclined towards the former (majority) view because the Quran has made it clear of Abu Talib's fate. Allah knows best, May Allah help us to chose the right path and stay on it. Ameen. And, what is even more valuable to remember is that all our love for others, i.e relatives, spouses, children will/should have a limits.

"On the Day a man will flee from his brother
And his mother and his father
And his wife and his children,
For every man, that Day, will be a matter adequate for him."

- Quran, Chapter 80: 34-37

HisServant
09-18-2018, 11:54 PM

Here's a more intellectual answer to be reflected upon and gain further understanding. (Hopefully, I didn't cause any confusion with my response!!)

Divine Singularity: The Oneness of God

Imagine you are an explorer who took a spaceship to another planet to visit human-like creatures. Once you land on the planet, you meet your guide. He tells you that your spaceship landed on Sphinga, the planet’s borderless country. You are confused and ask your guide if there are any other countries on the planet. He laughs and replies, “Yes, there are two.” You retort, “Well, how do you know when you’re in another country if there’s nothing to differentiate them?” Your guide sighs and says, “Yeah, we have the same problem. There are no borders and the features of one country are the same as the other.” You finally end the discussion by saying, “You should have just made them into one country then, because that is what it looks like to me.”
You both continue your journey to meet a group of officials for lunch. During the meal one of the officials praises the kings of the country. Upon hearing this, you politely ask, “You mean, there is more than one king?” The official replies, “Yes, we have two kings.” You seem perplexed and ask how the country can function with two kings. “How do you have harmony in your laws, and order in your society?” The official replies, “Well, they always agree. Their wills are one.” You cannot hold yourself back and you respond, “Well, you do not really have two kings, then. Because they are acting in accordance with one will.”
This story contains three of the five arguments I will present for the fact that there can only be one God. The first part of the story summarises an argument that I call ‘conceptual differentiation’. It postulates that in order for multiplicity to exist, there must be some concepts that differentiate one thing from another. For example, if I said that there are two bananas on the table, you would be able to verify that statement by observing them. The reason you can see two bananas is because there exist concepts that differentiate them; for example, their size, shape, and location on the table. However, if there was nothing to differentiate them you could not distinguish between them. Similarly, since this book so far has argued that there is a necessary uncreated creator who is powerful, knowing, All-Aware and transcendent, then to claim that there are two would require a concept that differentiates them. But in order for the Creator to be a creator, He must have these attributes, so saying there are two without one being different from another is basically saying that there is only one creator. If whatever is true of one creator is true of another, then we have just defined one creator and not two.
The second part of the story summarises both the argument from exclusion and the argument from definition. The argument from exclusion maintains that there can only be one Divine will. If there were two creators and one wanted to create a tree, only three options would be possible. The first is that they both cancel each other out; this is not a rational possibility since creation exists, and if they cancelled each other out, there would be no creation at all. The second is that one creator overpowers the other by ensuring his tree is created. The third option is that they both agree to create the same tree in the same way. Both of these options imply that there is only one will, and one will in the context of our discussions means one creator.
The argument from definition asserts that there cannot be more than one creator. If there were more than one creator the cosmos would not display the harmony that it does. As well presenting arguments for a creator, this book has also warranted the traditional conception of God. Since the traditional conception refers to God has having an imposing will that cannot be limited by anything external to Him, then it logically follows there cannot be two unlimited Divine wills.
This essay will elaborate on these arguments and present another two to show that this creator must be one:

• The argument from exclusion;
  • Conceptual differentiation;
  • Occam’s razor;
  • The argument from definition;
  • The argument from revelation.

http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/divine-...neness-of-god/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.