/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will ALLAH forgive me?

LoveOnlyALLAH
09-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Salam brothers and sisters

I'm a 19 yr old female.

I need some help and would appreciate any advise.

If I do something wrong or commit a sin, I always promise myself and ALLAH that I will never repeat it and ask for guidence. If I end up doing it again I make tauba sincerely. I repent my sins and wrong-doings sincerely everytime.

I just want to know that if in foolishness I commited a sin that I had promised not to but repent it sincerely will ALLAH still forgive me?

I also want to know that if I take an Oath on someone who is very dear to me but in my foolishness I end up breaking that Oath but repent it immediately will ALLAH forgive and what is the ruling of taking an Oath on someones name e.g I take Salmas oath (Made up name) I have read that it is an invalid oath.

Please give me some advice I just want ALLAH to be happy with me and I want to leave this world with a clean slate.

JazakALLAH

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
09-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Questioning Allah's mercy in itself shows doubt in Him. Another thing is to not make oaths such as promising you'll never do such and such again, especially if it's something you've been doing occasionally or have become accustomed to. If you sinned, repent the way you have been and try your best not to do it again. Depending on what it is you're doing, keep yourself away from an environment which you think will lead you into sinning.

No scholarly insight here, just an opinion from someone who has been in the same situation.

فصيح الياسين
09-16-2018, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LoveOnlyALLAH
Salam brothers and sisters

I'm a 19 yr old female.

I need some help and would appreciate any advise.

If I do something wrong or commit a sin, I always promise myself and ALLAH that I will never repeat it and ask for guidence. If I end up doing it again I make tauba sincerely. I repent my sins and wrong-doings sincerely everytime.

I just want to know that if in foolishness I commited a sin that I had promised not to but repent it sincerely will ALLAH still forgive me?

I also want to know that if I take an Oath on someone who is very dear to me but in my foolishness I end up breaking that Oath but repent it immediately will ALLAH forgive and what is the ruling of taking an Oath on someones name e.g I take Salmas oath (Made up name) I have read that it is an invalid oath.

Please give me some advice I just want ALLAH to be happy with me and I want to leave this world with a clean slate.

JazakALLAH
Walikumasalam
Yes allah do forgive. Just ask repentance when wrong act happened. Human do mistakes but allah is merciful.
Even u again do the same act after repentance. Our sins can never outwit his mercy. But his mercy can.
Secondly dont trust your nafs as this nafs always strikes when person has trust on it. Thts why prophets and companions never trusted their nafoos
And which kind of oath it was. If it was unvalid from beginning then breaking is better and completing it is bad. And if it was good valid oath then must repent to allah and tht person too. And never do this again because its from one sign of munafiqs from three signs .

LoveOnlyALLAH
09-16-2018, 05:31 PM
INSHALLAH and thank you ☺

- - - Updated - - -

It was just an Oath where I had taken the person's name in promise for not repeating a sin. I did some research and it was deemed invalid as one can only take an Oath for ALLAH and nothing else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
09-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Will Allah swt forgive you?

Well none of us can answer that question with certainty. Live with hope and fear. Be sincere and repent. You will know whether you are sincere or not because you will never go back to committing that same sin. The fear of Allah swt will stop you. Keep asking for forgiveness and increase the good you do. The more sins you commit the more harder it will be to clean your soul.

eesa the kiwi
09-16-2018, 07:52 PM
When you make an oath it should only be by Allah not his creation

It is haram to swear by other than allah

urkahnkhan
09-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Yes. Allah forgives sins his merciful but you can't make an oath on someone I believe that itself was worse sin then the sin you did. You can't take oath on someone else nor swear on someone elses name except Allah(swt) It's a sin taking oath on something other then Allah meaning no individuals or beings allowed except Allah for oaths.

Make tauba insha-allah and forget about but the sin and remember to not take oath on anyone else this can be considered Shirk.

Example saying like I take oath on such and such person or I swear on my mothers life etc etc. This can be considered shirk but since you don't know it remember it from now on. Only swear on the name of Allah and take Oath on his name.

If someone says your telling lie you can say ''BY allah or I swear on Allah i'm not'' etc etc but don't use another person whether it's someone you know, a prophet, a parent etc etc all is considered shirk

fschmidt
09-17-2018, 05:02 AM
I follow the Old Testament where repentance of a sin means to change yourself from the kind of person who commits that sin to the kind of person who doesn't commit that sin. Repentance has nothing to do with saying that you are sorry to God or to anyone else. It is about changing yourself.

I discussed this with a teacher at the mosque that I attend and he said that Islam has the same view. Does anyone here disagree with this?

To the original poster, I would suggest building up your self-discipline by learning to keep commitments that you make to yourself. For example, promise yourself that you will complete a certain task by a certain time and then do it (God willing, of course). Start with easy tasks and then increase difficulty to strengthen your self-discipline. This should help you become capable of real repentance.

Ümit
09-17-2018, 06:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt
I follow the Old Testament where repentance of a sin means to change yourself from the kind of person who commits that sin to the kind of person who doesn't commit that sin. Repentance has nothing to do with saying that you are sorry to God or to anyone else. It is about changing yourself.

I discussed this with a teacher at the mosque that I attend and he said that Islam has the same view. Does anyone here disagree with this?

To the original poster, I would suggest building up your self-discipline by learning to keep commitments that you make to yourself. For example, promise yourself that you will complete a certain task by a certain time and then do it (God willing, of course). Start with easy tasks and then increase difficulty to strengthen your self-discipline. This should help you become capable of real repentance.
To be accurate, repenting is both...saying sorry, and to change yourself.

in order to change yourself, you first have to realise that you are wrong...so first you must admit that and say you are sorry...the next step is to promise that you will never repeat that again. this promise should be sincere though...not just a promise, but you should have the sincere intention to change yourself in such a way not to make this mistake again.

So, I do not disagree with you. Just wanted to elaborate something.

bint e aisha
09-17-2018, 07:01 AM
Allah ta'ala says:

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ.

Say: (Thus speaks Allāh: ‘O my servants who have transgressed against your own selves! Despair not of Allāh’s mercy: behold, Allāh forgives all sins. Surely, He is the One who is the Most-Forgiving, the Very-Merciful.

Sayyiduna Anas Radhiyallahu Anhu said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, “Allah, the Exalted, has said:‘O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with sins as great as the earth and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly meet you with forgiveness as great as it.’” (At-Tirmidhi)

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam has mentioned:
”Be conscious of Allah wherever you are. Follow the bad deed with a good one to erase it, and engage others with beautiful character.” (Tirmizi)

For more on repentance: http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...ah-repentance/

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
Allah ta'ala says:

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ.

Say: (Thus speaks Allāh:) ‘O my servants who have transgressed against your own selves! Despair not of Allāh’s mercy: behold, Allāh forgives all sins. Surely, He is the One who is the Most-Forgiving, the Very-Merciful.

Sayyiduna Anas Radhiyallahu Anhu said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, “Allah, the Exalted, has said:‘O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with sins as great as the earth and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly meet you with forgiveness as great as it.’” (At-Tirmidhi)

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam has mentioned:
”Be conscious of Allah wherever you are. Follow the bad deed with a good one to erase it, and engage others with beautiful character.” (Tirmizi)

For more on repentance: http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...ah-repentance/
Oh where has this emoji come from? Not sure how to edit..any help?

onnanoko
09-17-2018, 01:32 PM
https://youtu.be/RON5kfwfpEI

Zzz_
09-30-2018, 09:03 PM
1. All sins can be forgiven if repented to sincerely. Long as we live, we have opportunity to repent.

2. Oaths or swearing should done by Allah's name only.

3. Don't be willy nilly making promises left and right

Making a promise to Allaah is a kind of vow and an oath (yameen).

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And of them are some who made a covenant with Allaah (saying): ‘If He bestowed on us of His Bounty, we will verily, give Sadaqah (Zakaah and voluntary charity in Allaah’s Cause) and will be certainly among those who are righteous’” [al-Tawbah 9:75]

Al-Zuhri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Whoever makes a promise to Allaah and breaks it, let him give in charity that which Allaah has enjoined in the case of a broken oath.

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] said in al-Ikhtiyaaraat (pp 562-563):
If a person says, “I promise Allaah that I will perform Hajj this year,” then this is a vow, a promise and an oath (yameen). End quote.

haykh al-Islam said in al-Ikhtiyaaraat (pp. 562-563):

Whoever repeats an oath before offering expiation, the correct view is that if this oath had to do with one action, only one expiation is to be offered; otherwise he must offer two. End quote.

The expiation for breaking an oath is to set free a slave, or to feed or clothe ten poor persons. Whoever cannot do any of those things should fast for three days, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah will not punish you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He will punish you for your deliberate oaths; for its expiation (a deliberate oath) feed ten Masaakeen (poor persons), on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families, or clothe them or manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths when you have sworn. And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much). Thus Allaah makes clear to you His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) that you may be grateful” [al-Maa'idah 5:89]

https://islamqa.info/en/38934

emem.masorong
10-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Yes. Allah will forgive you. He is the most merciful.

Abrahamic_seek
10-01-2018, 08:41 AM
It is very foolosh to promise Allah things that you don't know if you will be able to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.