/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Value of iman

jameelash
09-17-2018, 01:55 PM
In our area, we rented a room on the 12th floor of an apartment building for performing salah with jamath. This particular building was chosen because 100s of Muslim families live here and there was no Masjid in the walking distance. One day as we came to pray salah, we discovered that all the elevators were occupied or out of service. So, me and another brother decided to take the stairs. After reaching the 8th floor, we were exhausted and could barely keep on climbing. Then, suddenly something came to the mind of the brother who was climbing with me. He said, "Going up the stairs is very difficult, but going down is very easy. Similar is our iman, losing it is very easy but gaining it is very difficult."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
In our area, we rented a room on the 12th floor of an apartment building for performing salah with jamath. This particular building was chosen because 100s of Muslim families live here and there was no Masjid in the walking distance. One day as we came to pray salah, we discovered that all the elevators were occupied or out of service. So, me and another brother decided to take the stairs. After reaching the 8th floor, we were exhausted and could barely keep on climbing. Then, suddenly something came to the mind of the brother who was climbing with me. He said, "Going up the stairs is very difficult, but going down is very easy. Similar is our iman, losing it is very easy but gaining it is very difficult."
Masha'Allah! :D

Ümit
09-18-2018, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
Maasallah indeed

(This is meant as a joke...please do not take it seriously)

In the case of the stairs: what goes up, must come down...so after prayer you will be taking the stairs down.

In the case of Imaan: I hope the ones that gain Imaan will never lose it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.