/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pressure from Family for Marriage?

MiracleSurvivor
09-18-2018, 02:52 AM
Salam,

so my Muslim Arab parents want to marry me after college ( halfway done). thing is mom put so much pressure on me to be beautiful, and mom said men look for beauty and an educated woman. Mom forced me on diet and I lost weight but some part of me want to cry since mom is putting so much pressure on me to look good.

My parents are generous with me but mom is super harsh on the way I look.

Any advice? Also I don’t want to marry.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
09-18-2018, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
Salam,

so my Muslim Arab parents want to marry me after college ( halfway done). thing is mom put so much pressure on me to be beautiful, and mom said men look for beauty and an educated woman. Mom forced me on diet and I lost weight but some part of me want to cry since mom is putting so much pressure on me to look good.

My parents are generous with me but mom is super harsh on the way I look.

Any advice? Also I don’t want to marry.
If you do not want to get married then you have all the right not to get married. No one have the right to force you. Not even your parents. The only thing your parent is worried about is that you reach a certain age when you do want to get married and have children and end up realizing it is too late because of said age and time wasted. But if you are 100% sure you do not want to get married...then you are free to do whatever you want and you don't have to get married ;).

Side Not Rants And Facts To Remember And Ponder

There are more women than men on Earth! So there is always a wife for a husband but there is not always a husband for a wife. Just something to ponder about. Nowadays, men are quilted and taught to hate themselves to marry more than one wife and if they do it in non-Muslim country they will be send to prison as it is crime in Canada and USA and other non-Muslim countries....so in the end...there will always be shortage of husbands but never shortage of wives.

So if you really sure you do not want to get married then you should tell them that and be immanent in your decision making. But just remember...in the future should you do want to have children and you cannot find husbands...and you want to have your own children..you will not be able too. It is haraam in Islam to do IVF or to use sperm bank. You will also be purposely depriving your child from a father and lineage and no one have the right to do that and you also committed Zina and in additional to that...the burden of financial and raising the children goes into your shoulder alone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.