/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asking questions instead of giving direct orders

emem.masorong
09-18-2018, 10:25 AM
This is one of the lessons I learned from Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It's such a great book. Even Dale himself praises Muslims for their faith in one of his books, "How to stop worrying and start living".

There is a free PDF you can download on Google. Copy the title above and add PDF. There will be a link with [PDF] and open that, and on the top-right corner of the page, there will be a download button.

As much as I can(sometimes I forget or the situations calls for it), I ask questions, for example, when wanting someone to get food for me(I'm limp as of the moment), "Pwede po bang humingi ng pagkaen?"(Filipino: Language in Philippines) or "Can I have some food?" Instead of, "Dad, Get me food." You ask a question, and if it's possible for them to do it, they do it. Most of the time, they do it. I still don't remember a time where they rejected it. If they would, there would be a good reason for that. Maybe they can't at the time, they're busy, or they'll say, "Can it be later, I'll just finish this."

We can all be leaders. We can lead anybody. Let us lead us all to Jannah(Paradise).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.