/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Recent convert shunned due to appearance or because of nationality

Calazakk
09-19-2018, 01:37 AM
Visited a few masjid in search of fellowship and support but still on my own slowly getting discouraged and in need of help learning etc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
09-19-2018, 06:14 AM
:salam:

Welcome brother, please do try to understand that the morale is down in a lot of places when it comes to being extra nice to converts - due primarily to the fact that a lot of conspiracies and attempts to misconstrue words have taken place recently and people are a bit wary.

I myself recall shunning a very special brother when he came to speak with me on the bus in 2004 when i didn't know who he was - it was simply because he had an american accent and bush was involved in open falsehoods against islam - i thought it was a cia dude and really rudely brushed him off simply for his question as to what i felt needed to be done - he was so humble and accepting as he silently sat. It makes me wish i could turn the clocks back.

So please realise that it is the face of Allah :swt: you should be seeking and that you and all of these people will be brought before Allah :swt: to answer for yourselves.
This could be how Allah :swt: is testing you and accustoming you to rely on and feel closer to Him.

anatolian
09-19-2018, 06:34 AM
Welcome. I would not care what they think about you. This world is getting more deceptional each day and people including unfortunately we muslims have also prejudices. Inshallah you have good friends here but if not Allah is your best friend.

eesa the kiwi
09-19-2018, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Welcome. I would not care what they think about you. This world is getting more deceptional each day and people including unfortunately we muslims have also prejudices. Inshallah you have good friends here but if not Allah is your best friend.
This

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Calazakk
09-19-2018, 07:45 AM
Thank you for this, I do mean that and I still do and will continue to attend services despite the looks and judgemental scoffs. I do what I can on my own and forced, for time being anyway to look to get for help, guidance and possible friendship this is only semi decent forum that I've found and could use any help or suggestions even just chatting for qna etc I'm also in search of legit online courses that are absolutely free as my income is limuted. Thank you and inshalahh we could speak more, thanks again , Salaam.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for reply and yes I how to make friends as I'm lost with a lot of learning and guidance plus as Muslim i need to build relations even if just limited to net for now. Thank you again and any help or support would be greatly appreciated. Salaaam

- - - Updated - - -

The reply went down to wrong member below please read and thank you again

Calazakk
09-19-2018, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
:salam:

Welcome brother, please do try to understand that the morale is down in a lot of places when it comes to being extra nice to converts - due primarily to the fact that a lot of conspiracies and attempts to misconstrue words have taken place recently and people are a bit wary.

I myself recall shunning brother anwar awlaki when he came to speak with me on the bus in 2004 when i didn't know who he was - it was simply because he had an american accent and bush was involved in open falsehoods against islam - i thought it was a cia dude and really rudely brushed him off simply for his question as to what i felt needed to be done - he was so humble and accepting as he silently sat. It makes me wish i could turn the clocks back.

So please realise that it is the face of Allah :swt: you should be seeking and that you and all of these people will be brought before Allah :swt: to answer for yourselves.
This could be how Allah :swt: is testing you and accustoming you to rely on and feel closer to Him.
And that's awesome you got to speak with Anwar I'm a follower as well and watch his old videos

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.