/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a question concerning our intention being recorded

emem.masorong
09-19-2018, 02:02 AM
Does having intention or thinking of doing a good deed records it as "THAT" good deed that you were intending or thinking about doing? I think I read this somewhere. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
09-21-2018, 12:26 AM
‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas (radhiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallaAllahu alayhe wasallam) said that Allah, the Glorious, said: “Verily, Allah has ordered that the good and the bad deeds be written down. Then He explained it clearly how (to write): He who intends to do a good deed but he does not do it, then Allah records it for him as a full good deed, but if he carries out his intention, then Allah the Exalted, writes it down for him as from ten to seven hundred folds, and even more. But if he intends to do an evil act and has not done it, then Allah writes it down with Him as a full good deed, but if he intends it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

https://muslimmatters.org/2011/05/03...ion-and-deeds/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.