/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus' death

Abrahamic_seek
09-19-2018, 08:29 AM
The Quran says that they say that they killed the Messiah, but they killed him not. It says that THEY didn't kill him, nor did THEY crucifie him. But it was made so to appear to them. This to me is very clear that God means that Jesus could have died, but it's a responce to the claim that they killed the Messiah, which is a disrespectful statement trying to disprove that he is not the Messiah. I think this verse is trying to say that they didn't kill him, but he still died. He died because it was God's plan, not because they overpowered him. This is compatible with the gospels as we can see that Jesus told Pilate that the only reason that he has the power tohang the Messiah on the cross is because God has willed it. He says that non of this is by their power but God's plan. We can also see that Jesus dies early and he says; Father, into your hands I comend my spirit. The gospel picture of his death is exactly what I think the Quran says. He was crucified and "killed" by God, not by the people. Thoughts? Are there any scholars that holds/held this view?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
09-19-2018, 08:59 AM
The Islamic position is that jesus alayhis salam did not die nor was he crucified but that he was raised by Allah and will return as one of the signs of the last day

You can find more information here in Ibn kathirs tafsir on the relevant ayat

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...sk=view&id=585

anatolian
09-19-2018, 09:01 AM
There is not any muslim scholar who interpretes this verse as Isa aleyhissalam died on the cross. A minority think that he died later but mahority think that he didnt die at all but was lifted up to heaven alive. This is why he will return and complete the remaining part of his life and mission.

What Quran says is it made appear to them they crucified and killed him. We dont know what happened but we know it was an illusion.

Ümit
09-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Isa as was never crucified nor did he die. Instead, he was raised to heaven and Judas was made to look like Isa as just before the soldiers came...so Judas was arrested crucified and killed. This because Judas has betrayed Isa to the soldiers for just a small reward.
Isa as still lives...waiting for his time to come back to earth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.