/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say hello

Mandy
09-19-2018, 10:27 AM
I am very please to have found this community, there is so much resources on this site.
I have converted about 1 month ago and have been working hard to learn more about Islam and also to better teach Islam for my kids. I hope to get to know some of you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
سيف الله
09-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Salaam

Mashallah and Welcome! feel free to ask any questions, were here to help. :)

Abz2000
09-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Welcome sister and :salam:

I pray that you'll learn much and benefit from so many different points of view that you yourself will be thumping away at the keyboard before long :)

Please stay active.

Zzz_
09-21-2018, 12:47 AM
as'salaamu alaikum,

welcome :)

If you have not yet learned the manner and characteristics of performing the prayer (i.e. at least the movements and positions), appended to this message is a description from which you can learn.

What is required from you for the time being is to say in the beginning of the prayer and between each movement between positions "Allaahu ak-bar" (a glorification of Allaah).

While standing, bowing, prostrating, and sitting, you should say "subhaan allaah wal-hamdu lillaah wa-laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar." (Glory be to Allaah, and praise and thanks be to Allaah, and there is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is the most Exalted and Great.)

Then conclude the prayer by turning your head to the right then left, each time saying "as-salaamu alaikum."

This way of performing salaat is permissible for you until you can learn and memorize what should be said in each movement and position of the salaat.

- https://islamqa.info/en/378

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
09-21-2018, 02:46 AM
Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu (peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessings

Welcome

HisServant
09-21-2018, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
I am very please to have found this community, there is so much resources on this site.
I have converted about 1 month ago and have been working hard to learn more about Islam and also to better teach Islam for my kids. I hope to get to know some of you.
:sl:

Nice to have more sisters here. Hope you benefit much!

cinnamonrolls1
09-22-2018, 12:53 AM
Hope you enjoy your time here sister xxx

Mandy
09-22-2018, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome and for the very detailed instructions on the way to pray. I already know how but this picture is a great reminder.
I am currently teaching my 3 children out to do it and I will use this as a reminder for them. I am sure it will help them.

It is very much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
as'salaamu alaikum,

welcome :)

If you have not yet learned the manner and characteristics of performing the prayer (i.e. at least the movements and positions), appended to this message is a description from which you can learn.
Thanks for the welcome and for the very detailed instructions on the way to pray. I already know how but this picture is a great reminder.
I am currently teaching my 3 children out to do it and I will use this as a reminder for them. I am sure it will help them.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nuri

Nice to have more sisters here. Hope you benefit much!
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Hope you enjoy your time here sister xxx
Thank you sisters for the warm welcome.

I accidentally posted an incomplete reply. Is there a way to either edit or delete the reply?

cinnamonrolls1
09-22-2018, 09:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sisters for the warm welcome.

I accidentally posted an incomplete reply. Is there a way to either edit or delete the reply?
If you click on the post( like just tap it) you should see a little symbol that's like a screwdriver and a pencil( think its a pencil anyway) on the top right side of the screen/app.
Just tap that and you can edit the post etc

Mandy
09-22-2018, 09:26 AM
When I am on a post, I see a little round green pencil on the right, but when I click on it, there are just "new reply" and "new topic". Is that the right "pencil"??

HisServant
09-23-2018, 02:12 AM

Sister, I don't think that you are able to use the edit function as a limited member. After, a certain number of posts and perhaps when being recognized as a trusted member you'll be allowed. Someone else can correct me on this and don't worry, it will change soon.

Mandy
09-23-2018, 09:55 AM

Sister, I don't think that you are able to use the edit function as a limited member. After, a certain number of posts and perhaps when being recognized as a trusted member you'll be allowed. Someone else can correct me on this and don't worry, it will change soon.
That would explain the problem. I will wait until I am no longer a limited member and in that time try to not make too many typos!

HisServant
09-23-2018, 08:01 PM
That would explain the problem. I will wait until I am no longer a limited member and in that time try to not make too many typos!
But typos can be fun. ;)

Mandy
09-28-2018, 10:02 PM

It seems you were right. I now seem to be a full member and I see the edit button.

I am unsure what I did to become a full member, but I hope I can be worthy of it and learn more from everyone here

azc
09-30-2018, 12:30 PM
It seems you were right. I now seem to be a full member and I see the edit button.

I am unsure what I did to become a full member, but I hope I can be worthy of it and learn more from everyone here

Minimum 25 posts are required to become a full member.

Welcome to islamicboard

HisServant
10-03-2018, 10:54 PM

May Allah make it easy for you!

:amin:

Mandy
10-04-2018, 05:40 PM
I am not sure if my presentation is the right place to post my question. If not, please kindly tell me where I should have put it.

But I have a question, I have noticed there is the "like" button on the right next to all posts. There is also a "reputation" button on the left. What is the difference between the 2? When should I like and when should I add to the reputation??

Zzz_
10-04-2018, 11:53 PM
I am not sure if my presentation is the right place to post my question. If not, please kindly tell me where I should have put it.

But I have a question, I have noticed there is the "like" button on the right next to all posts. There is also a "reputation" button on the left. What is the difference between the 2? When should I like and when should I add to the reputation??
There really is no written rule about this. You just go with what you feel. For most things, comments, etc i just hit like with what i agree. For strong points made in discussions or invaluable advice given, message shared, etc. I usually rep.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.