/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about lying

ameerkam
09-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Salaam
Can a Muslim lie to hide their sins to people? If a Muslim is in a tough situation where they could die, can they lie to get out of it such as if people were being executed for being Muslim could they lie by saying they aren’t in order to save their own lives.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
09-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Measure the level of the response to the measure of the alternative action and see which is better in Allah :swt: 's sight - and know that Allah :swt: judges in truth.

One must not lie for the sake of avoiding justice - And Allah :swt: who knows what is hidden and manifest is the ultimate ruler on what is just so there is no point in deceiving oneself and attempting to deceive Allah :swt: and other people.

Zzz_
09-21-2018, 01:00 AM
wa'salaams

Lying is a reprehensible and blameworthy characteristic and is not appropriate whether in earnest or in jest. There is no concession allowing it except in cases of necessity in order to achieve some definite shar‘i interest that cannot be attained by telling the truth, or to ward off serious harm that cannot be warded off by telling the truth. If it is possible to avoid lying and to tell the truth in order to obtain interests or ward off harm, then there is no concession that allows lying.

https://islamqa.info/en/175632

HisServant
09-21-2018, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam
Can a Muslim lie to hide their sins to people? If a Muslim is in a tough situation where they could die, can they lie to get out of it such as if people were being executed for being Muslim could they lie by saying they aren’t in order to save their own lives.
:wa:

With regards to sins, it's not recommended to inform others. As this is one of the ways for spreading immorality and may encourage towards that sin/temptation.

“If you avoid the great sins which you are forbidden to do, We shall expiate from you your (small) sins, and admit you to a Noble Entrance (i.e. Paradise)” [al-Nisaa’ 4:31]
It was reported from Ibn Mas’ood that a man kissed a woman, then he came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him about it. Then Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning): “And perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as- Salaah), at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night [i.e. the five compulsory Salaah (prayers)]. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins).” [Hood 11:114]. The man said, O Messenger of Allaah, is this just for me? He said, “It is for all of my Ummah.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 503; Muslim, 2763)

It was reported from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The five prayers and Jumu’ah are an expiation from one week to the next, so long as you do not commit major sins.” (Narrated by Muslim, 233).

https://islamqa.info/en/3365

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.