/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is narrating one's good deeds to others bad?

emem.masorong
09-23-2018, 10:50 PM
I have somehow read somewhere, if I'm right, as much as I remember, that narrating your good deeds to others might be bad? How is this? Are there any proofs from the Quran? I understand that boasting about your good deeds or showing them off is a sin, but narrating it to others, is that a sin? Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
09-23-2018, 10:55 PM
If it with good intentions to motivate others to do good deeds then that is actually good. If they ask you about it, then it is alright o talk about it. As long as you know your good deeds are for the sake of Allah.

emem.masorong
09-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Thank you Studentofdeed. I am just wondering if anyone knows a specific verse in the Quran or hadeeth about this?

Abz2000
09-24-2018, 05:22 AM
Uthmaan :ra: poured a sack of gold and silver coins into the lap of the Prophet :saws: in public when he noticed others were slow to it - whereas he could have done it in private.

Yusuf :as: eventually justly proved that he was trustworthy and that he had been a victim of character assassinationn, and stated that he was a knowledgeable treasury keeper when he knew that it was necessary for him to take responsibility of storage.

Musa :as: narrated his story to his host and future father in law.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.