PDA

View Full Version : Can Muslims pray for non-Muslims?



blobcatmap
09-26-2018, 01:40 AM
I'm asking this questions, because I've asked Muslims to pray for me in the past, and I was often met with a puzzled look/hesitation.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
09-26-2018, 02:17 AM
I will be puzzled myself. You don't believe in Allah (Subhanahu Wa talaa) the one and only true God, he is the rab of the entire universe of everything you see and cannot see and only he deserves to be worshiped. Yet you don't believe in him and you ask a Muslim to pray for you..I will be baffled myself. There is nothing wrong with praying for a Non-Muslim, but the only prayer I will do for a non-Muslim is ask Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) to open that person's heart and guide him or her to the true path and they revert back to Islam. Everything else is worldly things and will not benefit you after you die.
Reply

eesa the kiwi
09-26-2018, 04:16 AM
Yes but it's restricted

You can pray for a persons guidance or worldly well-being but not forgiveness or good related to the hereafter

When a person dies upon idolatry Allah subhanahu wa ta ala has informed us in the Qurān that he does not forgive association of partners with him so such prayers are an exercise in futility (if a person repents sincerely before death they will be forgiven but dying in su h a state means hellfire for eternity)
Reply

xboxisdead
09-26-2018, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Yes but it's restricted

You can pray for a persons guidance or worldly well-being but not forgiveness or good related to the hereafter

When a person dies upon idolatry Allah subhanahu wa ta ala has informed us in the Qurān that he does not forgive association of partners with him so such prayers are an exercise in futility (if a person repents sincerely before death they will be forgiven but dying in su h a state means hellfire for eternity)
100% correct. For me...I will not do dua for disbelievers for anything else but that Allah (Subhanahu Wa talaa) may guide them back to the true path and they revert back to Islam. Anything else they ask for: wealth, power, have many sons, have many daughters, education, degree, health, wives, blahh..blah blah blah all worldly things and will not benefit them in anyway shape or form.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ümit
09-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I'm asking this questions, because I've asked Muslims to pray for me in the past, and I was often met with a puzzled look/hesitation.
Yes they can, and they do quite often too. Allah is everyones God, not only ours. Like eesa and xbox already mentioned, the best dua one can make about the non-muslims is to pray that one day they might find the truth and repent for not believing and save themselves from hell.
I have a few relatives which are not muslim...and I occasionally do pray for them this very prayer mentioned. that is the best prayer they can benefit from.
Reply

Mandy
09-27-2018, 12:19 PM
People that are more knowledgeable than me already answer the question if it was allowed for a muslim to pray for you.

What I do not understand is, why would you ask such a thing from a muslim friend? Is it just a form of politeness that you fell you need to say? Is it because you feel your friend believes in something that is true?
Reply

blobcatmap
09-28-2018, 07:13 AM
I do because - what if it is true? What do I have to loose by asking?
Reply

Ümit
09-28-2018, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I do because - what if it is true? What do I have to loose by asking?
You have nothing to lose by asking of course...you can only gain by that...But I do share Mandy's point here. You also have this power yourself, just open your hands and pray.
There is no extra barrier for you blocking your prayer from reaching Allah just because you are not a muslim yet...maybe your prayer will be even stronger to make your guidance towards believing easier. Just try it.
Reply

blobcatmap
09-28-2018, 07:59 AM
I have prayed to Allah around five times, on my own. All of which were very specifically answered.
Reply

Ümit
09-28-2018, 08:07 AM
There you have it...the prayer of a muslim is not stronger than yours just because he is muslim and you are not...Allah is not just our God...He is everyones God. So just keep up the good work, and you will get there.
Reply

blobcatmap
09-28-2018, 08:18 AM
But you see, I'm still not 100% sure if I fully believe in this, yet. I have so many theological questions, and personal problems. I'm a bit confused.
Reply

eesa the kiwi
09-28-2018, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I have prayed to Allah around five times, on my own. All of which were very specifically answered.
What's stopping you from converting to Islam you sound like you are very close. Like you say what do you have to lose?

A Muslim is one who believes that Allah is one with no partners. He believes in the angels, Allah's books (which include the Torah, the gospel of jesus and the Qurān however the bible has been corrupted by man but alhamdulilah the Qurān is still the same word for word letter for letter as it was revealed over 1400 years ago). He believes in Allah's Messengers which include Moses jesus and Muhammad to name a few may Allah's peace and blessings be upon them all. He believes in the day of resurrection that Allah will raise up his slaves and judge them with the righteous being sent to paradise and the wicked to hell. The last article of faith is belief in divine decree that everything that occurs happens by the will of Allah

If you believe in these things and would like to convert all you have to do is say with your tongue and believe in your heart the following

Ash hadu anla ilaha illalahu wa ash hadu anna Muhammedan abduhu wa rasuluh

This means I bear witness that there is no God but Allāh and Muhammad is his slave and Messenger

If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask bro we are here for you InshaAllah
Reply

Ümit
09-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by blobcatmap
But you see, I'm still not 100% sure if I fully believe in this, yet. I have so many theological questions, and personal problems. I'm a bit confused.
Then ask away...we are here to help you with those...lets discuss all of your questions, one by one...and let us try to take away your doubt. you will have nothing to lose. you will only gain information...if you still do not believe, then that will be your choice...there is no compulsion in that.
Reply

Mandy
09-28-2018, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I do because - what if it is true? What do I have to loose by asking?
In that case, I believe you have a very important part of the answer to the question you were asking. Trust what your hearth tells you to be true.
As someone who has been where you seem to be, I hope you find your way.Believe me, once you do, it is not as hard as it seems.
Reply

blobcatmap
10-02-2018, 03:20 PM
You got a great point - what do I have to loose?
Reply

Mandy
10-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by blobcatmap
You got a great point - what do I have to loose?
It is not a question about what you may loose, but what you may gain. If you wish to pray, do it with all your hearth and faith and you will be rewarded.
Just that you are thinking about it should make you realise that that there is something there for you.
Reply

truth110
10-03-2018, 03:22 AM
Yes you can and should make duas for all of mankind.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2018, 01:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 12:13 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 09:02 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 08:10 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!