/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did i just backbite?

Studentofdeed
09-27-2018, 04:12 AM
My sister hired a photographer for her engagement and he charged way too much and the photos turned out very poor. I was laughing saying the quality is so poor that it makes my uncle look like he is ill. Is this backbiting, if so, how can I repent?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
09-27-2018, 04:49 AM
Flipping hell, next you'll be wondering if you were backbiting if you say: "this phone is heavy" , or "this sweater feels stuffy" -and wonder if you should be repenting of backbiting the manufacturer.

There is a difference between sincere intellectual critique - and malicious character assassination.
If you were saying it because you were trying to undermine the person - it is likely that you were backbiting.
If you were saying it because you were sincerely critiquing the work and would hold yourself by the same standards, then it is likely that you were positively contributing.

Studentofdeed
09-27-2018, 05:44 AM
So it criticism is allowed?

Mandy
09-27-2018, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
My sister hired a photographer for her engagement and he charged way too much and the photos turned out very poor. I was laughing saying the quality is so poor that it makes my uncle look like he is ill. Is this backbiting, if so, how can I repent?
Just try to be nice to your sister. This is a very important moment of her life and I am sure she is extremely nervous. Many of us don't make the best decision when we are this nervous, that might be why she agreed to pay that much. She is probably just as disappointed as you are with the photos, but its not like they can be re-taken. Just don't remind her of it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.