/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Shirk in Islam

blobcatmap
09-28-2018, 07:20 AM
From what I've heard, shirk is 100% unforgivable, but what I don't understand is, if it is, aren't all converts to Islam therefore dammed to hellfire because they committed shirk in the past?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
09-28-2018, 07:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blobcatmap
From what I've heard, shirk is 100% unforgivable, but what I don't understand is, if it is, aren't all converts to Islam therefore dammed to hellfire because they committed shirk in the past?
Sorry if I gave that impression on the other thread

Shirk is 100% unforgivable if a person dies in such a state

If a person repents sincerely in this world to Allah InshaAllah they will be forgiven but if one dies upon it that is when it won't be forgiven

Ümit
09-28-2018, 08:03 AM
With 100% unforgivable they mean that if you die in such state as a non-believer...then you will go to Hell and there will be no hope of getting out of there ever again.

You have the chance to repent and to believe in this world...Allah will forgive almost every sin you have done if you sincerely repent and promise not to do it again...the only sins Allah cannot forgive are the sins and wrongdoings towards another individual...because that would be injustice towards him...This person might request a compensation for your injustice in the-hereafter...so only if this person decides to forgive you for that...Allah will forgive you too...that is the condition for these kind of sins...all other sins can be forgiven when repenting in this world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.