PDA

View Full Version : Complaining



Studentofdeed
09-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Is complaining a sin? I know we are supposed to be thankful to allah but say you have an issue and you are complaining to your mother? Is it a sin? Is there a limit on how much you can complain? Also, is a man allowed to complain about his wife? Like he is not happy with her, or she is not giving him time or being rude?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
09-28-2018, 01:01 PM
On the authority of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudree (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, “Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.” [Muslim]

..I constantly complain to my Lord.

But he knows better than me I suppose.


Maybe you meant in a different capacity of the word.. But yeah that's what I thought of.


We live in times where anything can be made into a sin.. and anything can be explained to be sin..

People talk about how even other people's zakat should not be accepted.

But the day they offer any forgiveness or increase should be a noteworthy one..

The world works on keeping others down.


So stop sinning and slipping.

I thought the limit to complaining would be reached when one understands that Allah swt is just.

But true transgression does also exist. I don't know how it is taken into account when it is the claim to past sins or lies entirely..

Simply to exist in other people's lives.


2:268
Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-28-2018, 05:24 PM
So it is not a sin? I am allowed to complain?
Reply

xboxisdead
09-28-2018, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
So it is not a sin? I am allowed to complain?

My biggest fear is your next post, "Are we allowed to fart?" :hiding:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Studentofdeed
09-28-2018, 08:07 PM
What is with the personal attacks? I am here trying to stay from haram asking advice. In islam, you should not chastise someone asking question beneficial to his deen.

- - - Updated - - -

The prophet SAW said speak good or stay silent. If you have nothing good to say then do not bother commenting.
Reply

xboxisdead
09-28-2018, 09:12 PM
You are right brother, please accept my apologyimsad
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-29-2018, 12:08 AM
I accept it and may allah forgive you as well. Now could you please sincerely answer my question?
Reply

xboxisdead
09-29-2018, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I accept it and may allah forgive you as well. Now could you please sincerely answer my question?
Not only can complaining not be a sin, but it also pleases Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) so much that it makes him happy and you will get high reward and additional to that you will release the pressure in your body like a presto if done correctly.

The requirement to complaining is this:

You complain only TO Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) and ask him to release the burden in your chest and you make dua and you cry TO Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) and ask for his forgiveness and ask him ALONE ONLY for his help to make whatever burden goes away!! That is the way it goes. That my friend you can have all the green to complain...complain till your heart desire. Complaining to other than Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) is futile and pointless and other human beings will find you a headache, a burden, you will not get any reward and it could result in sinning because you will be backbiting and and and...people will look down at you, think of you as weak, the list goes on. Everyone should only complain to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) and ask him AND ONLY him for help to you solving whatever is your problem and to make whatever calamity you are dealing with clear out. Strive to have sookoon in your heart. We need sookoon. We crave it. Without sookoon you are a walking dead zombie and miserable.
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Ah, I see. But how could it result in backbiting? Is it not allowed if you were wronged? Or if you are seeking advice? Or warning others? Isnt backbiting when you talk ill about someone for no reason out of enjoyment, jealousy, or just to cause mayhem?
Reply

M.I.A.
09-29-2018, 01:02 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/5952

And

https://islamqa.info/en/20711

Maybe some more information for you, if you can find anything useful.

Complaining to created beings (i.e., other people) - islamqa.info
What is the Islamic ruling on a person who complains to someone other than Allaah after he has complained to Allaahmay He be glorified and exalted When a person...
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-29-2018, 01:06 AM
Okay Jazakallah! THANK YOU GUYS! But in the future, I will make sure to complain only to Allah SWT!
Reply

xboxisdead
09-29-2018, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Okay Jazakallah! THANK YOU GUYS! But in the future, I will make sure to complain only to Allah SWT!
By the way if you read the post M.I.A send it is ok to complain to your family and friends too if you believe they can help you or seek advice as long as the intention is not towards evil or bad intention.
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-29-2018, 06:41 AM
What if out of anger, when complaining, I stated that person is psycho. As they have no remorse. I wanted my friend to know how evil the abuser and not as innocent as they appear to be. Is that backbiting?
Reply

xboxisdead
09-29-2018, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
What if out of anger, when complaining, I stated that person is psycho. As they have no remorse. I wanted my friend to know how evil the abuser and not as innocent as they appear to be. Is that backbiting?
Look if someone is hurtful or harmful or evil then you have to inform the people around you about that person or else that person will go ahead and hurt someone else. If I know that someone is verbally or physically abusive towards a man or a woman or a child then I know it is my duty to inform the people around me about that person in hopes I can stop evil. It is obligatory for every Muslim out who see evil to stop it. If you are too weak to stop it...at least inform the people around you and hate it in your heart.

As a child I could not do anything, but I was walking with my mom and saw a man put a boy's head between his legs and start hitting his butt hard as the boy is screaming in pain. I hated the man and I never met the boy as you can see, I still have not forgotten it. I felt for the boy. That is no way to tread a child. But since I was a child I could do nothing but hate what I saw. You are an adult however, you can do more than hate it..you can at least talk about it if not stop it.

Look what you are describing is normal human reaction...it is what makes you human. You make mistakes...you feel bad...repent and Allah loves people who repent and ask him for forgiveness. He wants you to make mistake only to go back to him to ask him for forgiveness, he loves it. Just don't do it in purpose though :D. But we make mistakes everyday..wallahi if Allah was not as merciful......not one OF US WOULD HAVE ENTERED paradise even if we asked for forgiveness...glory be to him that he is all merciful all compassionate all forgiving. He is just.
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-29-2018, 06:54 AM
Jazakallah so much brother! May allah give u al firdaous. And yes it is frustrating. Shaytan keeps whispering me about my past and mistakes and I wish I was more knowledgeable about islam in the past then I would not have sinned so much. But alhamdullah I'm in the right path. But I am still scared that I will do something that makes allah displeased with me.
Reply

xboxisdead
09-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Jazakallah so much brother! May allah give u al firdaous. And yes it is frustrating. Shaytan keeps whispering me about my past and mistakes and I wish I was more knowledgeable about islam in the past then I would not have sinned so much. But alhamdullah I'm in the right path. But I am still scared that I will do something that makes allah displeased with me.
- hugs - May Allah subhanahu Wa talaa make it easy for all of us and make our graves and after life easy, ameen. I am going to sleep - yawns - tired...- sniff -....excuse me. - rubs my eyes -
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-29-2018, 07:11 PM
Sorry one last thing, what if I know that person is hurtful and evil but when I said that person is a psycho in a joking manner, I am not sure my intention was good, I was upset and wanted the other person to dislike the person who wronged me, what should I do? I am confused and it does not make sense to seek forgiveness for this person who wronged me and has no remorse.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it sufficient enough ti repent to Allah? Will Allah forgive me?
Reply

xboxisdead
09-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Sorry one last thing, what if I know that person is hurtful and evil but when I said that person is a psycho in a joking manner, I am not sure my intention was good, I was upset and wanted the other person to dislike the person who wronged me, what should I do? I am confused and it does not make sense to seek forgiveness for this person who wronged me and has no remorse.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it sufficient enough ti repent to Allah? Will Allah forgive me?
it is sufficient enough to repent to Allah (Subhanahu Wa talaa). Allah is all forgiving all knowing.

You can make a thousand mistakes and as long as you sincerely repent and ask Allah for forgiveness he not only would love it but would also forgive you. No one is entering paradise by their deeds. Not one single person. All of us are entering it by only his mercy and his forgiveness and that is that. As long as you do not die a disbeliever, Allah will forgive.
Reply

Studentofdeed
09-30-2018, 07:33 PM
So when you said it is sufficient to ask forgiveness for allah, even though when spoke I'll of the person, do I not have to seek forgiveness from the person I backbiten? Because the person harmed me and I later recanted my statements in the gatherings where I spoke ill and made fun of them. I also defended their honor in three other gatherings. Will that be enough to expiate the sin? They say for backbiting if they did not hear you have to pray for them and speak good of them. I spoke good of them but I do not want to pray for them as the harm they done, was painful and they did not apologize or try in any way to make it up. I tried to amend, but then it is only then I started complaining when I could not resolve the issue. Will Allah still punish this person for the harm they imposed on me or did I ruin it despite recanting the statements and defending their honor? I still want justice but I am afraid I may have lost my divine right.
Reply

xboxisdead
09-30-2018, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
So when you said it is sufficient to ask forgiveness for allah, even though when spoke I'll of the person, do I not have to seek forgiveness from the person I backbiten? Because the person harmed me and I later recanted my statements in the gatherings where I spoke ill and made fun of them. I also defended their honor in three other gatherings. Will that be enough to expiate the sin? They say for backbiting if they did not hear you have to pray for them and speak good of them. I spoke good of them but I do not want to pray for them as the harm they done, was painful and they did not apologize or try in any way to make it up. I tried to amend, but then it is only then I started complaining when I could not resolve the issue. Will Allah still punish this person for the harm they imposed on me or did I ruin it despite recanting the statements and defending their honor? I still want justice but I am afraid I may have lost my divine right.
Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) will punish each person for their actions. Whether it came physically or by tongue. Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) will even account the person for their evil intend even if they have not committed....because they wanted to do it but did not have the power or fear of doing it...they will be accounted as if they did the evil action. Everything in Islam is by intention.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2018, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2016, 06:06 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 05:07 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!