/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel so afraid to convert..

blobcatmap
09-29-2018, 01:02 PM
I just have so many problems that will happen in my personal life, if I go through with this... I'm starting to 100% believe this religion to be true, but at the same time I feel like something is holding me back. I can't describe it.. It just feels so powerful..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cinnamonrolls1
09-29-2018, 01:40 PM
If you want to convert do it. If you feel this is the right religion for you do it. No matter what you do, or if you struggle with things do it. God doesn't expect perfection, and no one is perfect from the get go.
Keep your intentions good and try. But don't feel you have to do everything from the start.
I say take some time to think about that problems you have, and make your decision.
Im gonna use an example for not rushing into things: many sisters feel like when they convert they have to wear the hijab the minute they become muslim. And sometimes it can pose an obstacle if they hsve unsupportive family etc. But here's the thing. You don't have to rush into it. God understands. Im not sayinf don't wear the hijab etc( it is a fard) but im saying that sometimes its hard to start doing things you're not used to ( eg praying x5 a day) just take it slow and try your best

I know this was kinda a ramble... But i hope its somewhat helpful. If you still have issues or queries etc, feel free to send a msg or post on the forum etc

Abz2000
09-29-2018, 02:06 PM
The true worth of a person is often demonstrated to the person him/her self in retrospect.

You will either look back in a few years and cringe at your vacillation, or smile at your truthfulness, sincerity, and courage - if you are still alive then - since we know death is most probably inevitable within the next 100 years (not trying to freak you out or anything lol - but simply stating the fact which requires consideration).

Make a statement to yourself by standing firm upon what you know to be the just truth and you will be the founding father of the positive destiny of your seed.

eesa the kiwi
09-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Bro it's normal for you to be nervous but know that Allah does not test some one with more than they can bear

Go for it bro and let Allah suffice with the trials you may face because he will never let you down

Do you know the one thing I regret about embracing Islam? It is that I didn't do it sooner

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
10-01-2018, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I just have so many problems that will happen in my personal life, if I go through with this... I'm starting to 100% believe this religion to be true, but at the same time I feel like something is holding me back. I can't describe it.. It just feels so powerful..
That "thing" holding you back is none other than Shaytaan. He is whispering to you "what about this and that if you go through this?" He is trying to make you doubt...Do not listen to him.

If you decide to go through this, then you do not have to deal with everything and everyone at the same time...you are not a different person...Just start with believing and nothing more...and everything else will follow automatically...you can deal with them later on, one by one.

The truth must not be avoided or denied, just because denying it makes everything easier. That is wrong...But then again...your problems if you go through with this look like mountains right now...Shaytaan makes it appear that way...but if you decide to...then Allah will help you melt them down like snow in the sun.

Mandy
10-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Do not feel afraid. I am a convert and was in your situation. I knew I wanted to do it, but was hesitant. If you know what has to be done, do not hesitate. You will feel better in the end.

As for what others think, they will get over it. Keep in mind you do not have to tell everyone about it. At least not right away.

blobcatmap
10-01-2018, 10:37 AM
What is your story if you don't mind me asking?

- - - Updated - - -

I also keep getting this feeling that I'm too much of a sinner/bad past to go through with it, you know?

Ümit
10-01-2018, 10:55 AM
What is your story if you don't mind me asking?

- - - Updated - - -

I also keep getting this feeling that I'm too much of a sinner/bad past to go through with it, you know?
God is forgiving. I am sure He will forgive all of your sins if you sincerely repent and promise not to do that again.
It certainly should not be an excuse to continue being a sinner.
There are many saheeh hadeeths saying that if you convert to Islaam, all your prior sins will be forgiven so you can start with a clean slate.
I know that you may feel ashamed of what you have done in the past and you have not the courage to face God with that...but consider the alternative if you continue being a bad person.

You will face God anyways eventually...not converting into Islaam is not going to avoid that. Better sooner than later.

Again...you do not have to worry anything. just convert if you think you believe in it...the rest will follow later.

truth110
10-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Dear, fear only Allah. Remember we all will be in front of him answering our deeds and beliefs on the day of judgement and none of our friends or relatives will be able to help. They will be worried about their own accounts. At that time they will really regret that they did not believe in Allahs book and his messenger. Faith does not enter everyone’s heart except those chosen by Allah. Congratulations on having come so close.

anatolian
10-01-2018, 04:50 PM
You are afraid of losing the things you have had before. But maybe some of them had to be lost anyway..You will earn new things..

Micha Mustafa
10-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Possession and greed make people do unspeakable things but if it brings you comfort you are not alone ok

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.