/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I know that I’m a true believer even if I’m naughty one?

Nitro Zeus
10-05-2018, 07:18 AM
I’m asking this because, I heard that Jinns usually comes to disbelievers, usually disbelievers get possessed by Satan or by a Jinn.

In my case, I never was possessed by anyone of them. I was like protected since the day I was born till 2018.

When I was raised as a Orthodoxian Christian and reached all the way to age of 15, then I have converted to Islam, and I have tried to stick my self there. And my father told me, “you never was a disbeliever, you always has been a believer, even if you don’t perform prayers, still you are a true believer but you’re very weak believer” but I wasn’t convinced enough about this.

Once, I dreamt that I was in a dark place, very scary place, and then I saw the devil far away from me, and by just looking at him it is as a punishment for me, and then I closed my eyes, and then I felt like someone has removed me from this horror place and returned me to my body.

I was wondering if this dream is one of the signs that tells me clearly that I’m a believer? Or it was just a bad dream? I need your opinion about this.

Was my Muslim father right about me? That even if I don’t pray but at least I stay out from disbelief, then I’m just a weak Muslim. Is he right about this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
10-05-2018, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I’m asking this because, I heard that Jinns usually comes to disbelievers, usually disbelievers get possessed by Satan or by a Jinn.

In my case, I never was possessed by anyone of them. I was like protected since the day I was born till 2018.

When I was raised as a Orthodoxian Christian and reached all the way to age of 15, then I have converted to Islam, and I have tried to stick my self there. And my father told me, “you never was a disbeliever, you always has been a believer, even if you don’t perform prayers, still you are a true believer but you’re very weak believer” but I wasn’t convinced enough about this.

Once, I dreamt that I was in a dark place, very scary place, and then I saw the devil far away from me, and by just looking at him it is as a punishment for me, and then I closed my eyes, and then I felt like someone has removed me from this horror place and returned me to my body.

I was wondering if this dream is one of the signs that tells me clearly that I’m a believer? Or it was just a bad dream? I need your opinion about this.

Was my Muslim father right about me? That even if I don’t pray but at least I stay out from disbelief, then I’m just a weak Muslim. Is he right about this?
Search your heart. do you have doubts about the existence of Allah? do you ever have thoughts like..."what if I die, and there is just nothing? no heaven no hell, no angels, no satan, no God...just nothing?"
Do you have those thoughts or are you absolutely certain that Allah exists, than heaven and hell exist?
Because if you have...than that means you are on the edge of being a believer and non-believer.
If you are absolutely certain...then you are a believer...maybe with many sins or a weak believer...but a believer.

Only Allah knows for certain who is a believer and who not of course. Me saying you are a believer wont make you a believer if Allah decides otherwise...you still have a lot of work to do of course.

azc
10-05-2018, 09:27 AM

I advise you to share your dreams with pious scholars instead of us, the random people.

HisServant
10-05-2018, 05:36 PM

:sl:

It may not be a punishment but a test. With everything that happens to us, we are advised to hold a good opinion of Allah. So if the devil was really allowed to meet you in a dream form, could be that, i.e a test of your faith. Does not mean anything is wrong with you only that In Shaa Allah, you are being awakened to become stronger in faith because now there is this realization of needing Allah and His protection, start praying.

Additionally, in future do not reveal bad dreams, take caution, protection and make changes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
10-05-2018, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuri

It may not be a punishment but a test. In everything that happens to us, we are advised to hold a good opinion of Allah. So if the devil was really allowed to meet you in a dream form, might be that, i.e a test of your faith. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with you only that In Shaa Allah, you are being awakened to become stronger in faith because now there is this realization of needing Allah and His protection, start praying.

Additionally, in future do not reveal bad dreams, take caution, protection and make changes.
So this means, that God wants me to become a strong Muslim? It is really for the first ever I dreamt about this. I did not even thinked of the devil because, when he makes me sick, he’s a disguising creature to me, and hate him. I was just trying to share with someone so that I can have some informations, for what occasion I had this bad dream or just it happened or what?

HisServant
10-05-2018, 05:46 PM
I really do believe Allah always wants us to become stronger in faith and the best Muslims possible!

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us what we should do if a person sees something in his dream that he dislikes and wakes up as a result. It is: spitting dryly to the left, seeking refuge with Allaah from the shaytaan, turning over, praying if one wants, and not telling people about it.

We should point out an important matter, which is that if a person is righteous and strives to obey Allaah always, he will not be harmed if he sees or is seen (in a dream) in a situation that causes distress, but if he is an evildoer and sinner in his real life, then he will not benefit from seeing himself or being seen in the best state.

Ibn Muflih said:
Hishaam ibn Hassaan said: Ibn Sireen was asked about one hundred dreams and he did not give any answer except to say: Fear Allaah and do good whilst you are awake, and whatever you see in your sleep will not harm you. "

Al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (3/451).

About different types of dreams

- - - Updated - - -

So this means, that God wants me to become a strong Muslim? It is really for the first ever I dreamt about this. I did not even thinked of the devil because, when he makes me sick, he’s a disguising creature to me, and hate him. I was just trying to share with someone so that I can have some informations, for what occasion I had this bad dream or just it happened or what?
Understood. I had similar experiences, they are learning curves :-) Gain the good from it and leave the unpleasant.

Nitro Zeus
10-05-2018, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuri
I really do believe Allah always wants us to become stronger in faith and the best Muslims possible!

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us what we should do if a person sees something in his dream that he dislikes and wakes up as a result. It is: spitting dryly to the left, seeking refuge with Allaah from the shaytaan, turning over, praying if one wants, and not telling people about it.

We should point out an important matter, which is that if a person is righteous and strives to obey Allaah always, he will not be harmed if he sees or is seen (in a dream) in a situation that causes distress, but if he is an evildoer and sinner in his real life, then he will not benefit from seeing himself or being seen in the best state.

Ibn Muflih said:
Hishaam ibn Hassaan said: Ibn Sireen was asked about one hundred dreams and he did not give any answer except to say: Fear Allaah and do good whilst you are awake, and whatever you see in your sleep will not harm you. "

Al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (3/451).

About different types of dreams

- - - Updated - - -

Understood. I had similar experiences, they are learning curves :-) Gain the good from it and leave the unpleasant.
How do I know if that dream I had was a test or as a punishment? I feel that the dream I had is an answer to my question “am I a believer even if I don’t pray a whole life but I stay out from disbelief?” I had this doubt about myself and then I got this and I was thinking that this might be the answer for my question that I’m a true believer but a weak Muslim. I hope it is correct of what I understood from this dream. Uhh, I don’t understand a thing. How if I never saw the devil in my life, but it happened once, but then this might be as a test of faith? Sometimes, things are complicated in here that I can’t explain to myself why and how.

HisServant
10-05-2018, 10:09 PM
How do I know if that dream I had was a test or as a punishment? I feel that the dream I had is an answer to my question “am I a believer even if I don’t pray a whole life but I stay out from disbelief?” I had this doubt about myself and then I got this and I was thinking that this might be the answer for my question that I’m a true believer but a weak Muslim. I hope it is correct of what I understood from this dream. Uhh, I don’t understand a thing. How if I never saw the devil in my life, but it happened once, but then this might be as a test of faith? Sometimes, things are complicated in here that I can’t explain to myself why and how.

Forget whether it was a punishment or a test. Allah knows best in that regard. About dreams they can be insightful and act as a guide/spiritual wake up call/answer to your concern. Prayer is a compulsory act of worship, so try to make every effort in this aspect to start with the Fard and then proceed to the sunnahs. It is stated that the 5 times prayer is similar to taking a spiritual bath. It erases our minor sins, making our hearts peaceful, giving motivation, inspiration to solve problems etc. It aims to cleanse our souls when we have fulfilled the inner aspect and outer aspect of prayer, thus it is an important part of Emaan and will help to becoming a strong believer. May Allah help us establish our prayers correctly and sufficiently. Ameen.

The inner dimensions of prayer

- - - Updated - - -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.