/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I deal with feeling guilty all the time??

blobcatmap
10-10-2018, 05:51 PM
So the more and more I study Islam, pray, ect, the more guilty I feel for no apparent reason. I just start thinking about all my past sins, and things like that, and I just feel so shameful. It gets so bad sometimes that I now feel ashamed to go out in public in a store and other places like that. I went to church the other night, and feel extremely guilty about that. I mean, I haven't converted to Islam, yet, but I do pray and am starting to believe in it. Has anyone else dealt with something like this before? This feeling of guilt is really starting to tear me apart.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-10-2018, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blobcatmap
So the more and more I study Islam, pray, ect, the more guilty I feel for no apparent reason. I just start thinking about all my past sins, and things like that, and I just feel so shameful. It gets so bad sometimes that I now feel ashamed to go out in public in a store and other places like that. I went to church the other night, and feel extremely guilty about that. I mean, I haven't converted to Islam, yet, but I do pray and am starting to believe in it. Has anyone else dealt with something like this before? This feeling of guilt is really starting to tear me apart.
If you become a Muslim, all your past sins are forgiven! Clean slate.

What's stopping you?

blobcatmap
10-10-2018, 06:13 PM
I don't know man, I just feel so held back from doing so. My guilt is telling me not to go through with it.

azc
10-10-2018, 06:26 PM
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftisays/78228

feeling guilty about my past. - IslamQA
Dear muftisaab, My husband and i are very much in love and seem like the perfect couple mashallah he thinks the world of me but i have a past which he has...

- - - Updated - - -

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftisays/78228

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
10-10-2018, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blobcatmap
Are you agnostic?

Why would your guilt come in if you are not following any religion at the moment? If you are on a path of discovery and learning, then the guilt aspect is nonsensical.

Anyways, in Islam whenever someone is prevented from doing an action that'll get him closer to Allah, it's called "waswas" which is the whisperings of satan. For example, if one were to sin, he may feel guilty to the point that he avoids worship because of feeling unworthiness or shame for having committed his sins. Similar to when a child may avoid his parents when he's done something wrong. Instead, he should continue in his worship, repentance, and good deeds so that his sins are forgiven and he can become a better muslim.

Also if you've done wrong in your past, well it's in your past. There's no point to dwell on it. You just have to acknowledge it, make right what you've done wrong if you can, and move on to being better and not repeating your mistakes. No one is perfect, and if you remember a specific thing that you've done just ask for forgiveness for it, and do something good to replace it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.