/* */

PDA

View Full Version : questions about Nikkah

npm1
10-10-2018, 07:58 PM
hi,So im in the UK, getting married in pakistan i.e. the nikkah, and would need some advise.
Being the groom, whos father is absent in this matter, would i still be able to go through the nikkah ceremony. Without my fathers presence and ID(no photocopy can be provided).

Without the father, can the marriage still go through.
My mum would be with me in pakistan and her male cousin would be the witness on my behalf.
The other question, in regards to the Nikkah, is how often is it required for the groom, to recite the 6 kalima. I am only familier with the first kalima.

Please Help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-10-2018, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by npm1
Being the groom, whos father is absent in this matter, would i still be able to go through the nikkah ceremony.
Yes, it is not a requirement for your father to be present. What is required is the bride's waali (guardian) and two witnesses.

format_quote Originally Posted by npm1
The other question, in regards to the Nikkah, is how often is it required for the groom, to recite the 6 kalima. I am only familier with the first kalima.
I don't believe this is a requirement.

Supernova
10-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

As mentioned in above post, the father is not a prerequisite for the Nikah to go ahead. Consider the situation where a person does not have a father and it will make sense to you.

As for the kalima issue - I have only heard of that practice lately myself and have found its most common in the Berelwi sector.

I am assuming that the reason they do this, is to ensure they performing a Nikah between 2 Muslims so they ask each party to recite the Kalima. I never knew of Berelwis doing this in the past but I can only assume that a number of illicit marriages took place and now as a knee jerk reaction they ask for the kalima from a safety measure.

There is a link on this website that has the 5 kalimas + Imaan e mujmal + Imaan e mufasal. That totals up to 7 kalimas. As a basic every Muslim should at least know these 7 Kalimas as it is the very base for any Muslims Aqaaid.

Whether you perform this Nikah or not - it is very important that you learn these very basic Kalimas. As a side note - these 7 kalimas are understood in different ways in different parts of the globe, some people compress it it 5 some expand it to 8 etc. Whichever way you compress or expand it, it will come down to the same basics.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.